Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
What is your preferred manner of execution?
Lethal Injection
Hanging
Electrocution
Drawn and Quartered
Whipped
Firing Squad
Impalement
Beheading
Bleeding
Drowning
Burnt at the Stake
Gladitorial Games
      37 answers
Poll created by mbourgeois

Add others if they come to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, do I get to pick?!

Wait a minute! One of these isn't a real option!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one isn't real? They've all been used in one format or another through the years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
Which one isn't real? They've all been used in one format or another through the years.

For one, during gladiatorial games, I'm doing all the killing.

EDIT: I just thought of another method for slow and painful death. Forced to play Pigeon Poop over and over!

I kid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Although gruesome, imagine if the manor of execution was mandated as having to be like the manor in which you did your killing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

Although gruesome, imagine if the manor of execution was mandated as having to be like the manor in which you did your killing.

I've always been a strong proponent of this concept.

The only problem is it can conceivably be used as a form of suicide where you simply take someone with you first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LEHaskell wrote:
isaacc wrote:

I believe that was actually the law in feudal Europe.

Thanks for taking the time to point out a trivial spelling mistake. Shouldn't you be busy posting something about how Obama flubbed the oath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When it comes to executions, I go with beheading all the time (although I am assuming the guillotine here). Three benefits:

1. Fairly painless to the victim as it is almost instantaneous
2. Latent nerve responses in my eyelids will creep out the audience
3. There is enough blood spewing that it can be my final "fuck you" to the executioner as the mess will be extraordinary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steinley wrote:
When it comes to executions, I go with beheading all the time (although I am assuming the guillotine here). Three benefits:

1. Fairly painless to the victim as it is almost instantaneous
2. Latent nerve responses in my eyelids will creep out the audience
3. There is enough blood spewing that it can be my final "fuck you" to the executioner as the mess will be extraordinary.

1) Forget pain... think terror... knowing it'll come and 'chop' off wit yer head.

2) Head tumbles forward or back depending on angle so no one is going to see yer eyeballs bugging

3) yeah but he's not going to be the one to clean it up... that's what they have the lesser masses for... clean up in aisle one please.

Oh and I meant actual beheading with sword or axe... so this 'guillotine' is a new one. thanks for the add in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
mbourgeois wrote:

For one, during gladiatorial games, I'm doing all the killing.

EDIT: I just thought of another method for slow and painful death. Forced to play Pigeon Poop over and over!

I kid!

Right... rabid frothing weasels down your pants. they don't wash after frothing and one of them is incontinent. When Pigeon Poopj is ready to go... you'll be the first one the pigeon craps on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
I'm already chomping at the bit to read conspiracy theories about how Roberts intentionally did some choppy call-and-response cadence for the oath to make Obama look bad.

Roberts in his private thoughts wrote:
Don't vote to confirm me, will you bitch? All right, let's see how you like a bit of humiliation mixed into your day of triumph and adoration by the multitudes!

Getting back to the thread, if Obama retroactively makes messing with him a capital crime, how would we execute Roberts using Isaacc's methodology?

Actually getting back to the OP, I think Monty Python answered this question to my satisfaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
I'm already chomping at the bit to read conspiracy theories about how Roberts intentionally did some choppy call-and-response cadence for the oath to make Obama look bad.

Roberts in his private thoughts wrote:
Don't vote to confirm me, will you bitch? All right, let's see how you like a bit of humiliation mixed into your day of triumph and adoration by the multitudes!

Getting back to the thread, if Obama retroactively makes messing with him a capital crime, how would we execute Roberts using Isaacc's methodology?

Actually getting back to the OP, I think Monty Python answered this question to my satisfaction.

If you're talking about... is it getting run over by the almost au natural ladies from bountiful... yeah that would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No time for stupid polls, I must train my swordmanship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would have my judge and jury to be the firing squad and there wouldn't be any blanks. Anyone that is capable of making the decision to send someone to their death should be able to carry it out.

I wonder if jews and muslims would choose to bleed to death or if they would prefer something less cruel and painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:
I would have my judge and jury to be the firing squad and there wouldn't be any blanks. Anyone that is capable of making the decision to send someone to their death should be able to carry it out.

I wonder if jews and muslims would choose to bleed to death or if they would prefer something less cruel and painful.

I think Jews and Muslims might first try to collaborate with your judge/jury/firing squad, selling them stuff they want in hopes that they would be spared at the expense of others. Does your court require any iron ore?

Yes, I'm being facetious. While some, like the Danes, have the moral credentials to point fingers, others should probably stay silent concerning fascilitating people cruelly and painfully bleeding to death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are there lots of vegans specifically in Denmark or is it a country where it's not only illegal to make ritual slaughters but also illegal to sell products of ritual slaughter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:
Are there lots of vegans specifically in Denmark or is it a country where it's not only illegal to make ritual slaughters but also illegal to sell products of ritual slaughter?

Well then, you lost me. I'm not seeing the connection between the death penalty and Kosher and Halal meat. I must be totally misunderstanding what you meant with your previous post. What did you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've heard claims from jews and muslims that the shechita slaughter is very humane or even the most humane method of killing animals. I imagine that if it truly is considered humane then it should be an acceptable method if you could choose your own method of excecution.

Isn't it something in the lines of what you hinted at in your first post in this thread? That it could be good to evaluate one's "killing habits"?

Sidenote: Shechita slaughter is illegal in Sweden. Imports of shechita slaughtered meat is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monty Python *did* have it right. Apart from the obvious, I'm very attracted to the idea of dying as the result of a fall from a very great height.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Monty Python *did* have it right. Apart from the obvious, I'm very attracted to the idea of dying as the result of a fall from a very great height.

I somehow doubt any death is glamerous but let's be honest... dying from a bad case of the 'SPLATS' not my idea of the way to go... liquified globs of me... no... scooping me into a thermos for use as a coffin is just nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I going out doing The Propeller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
tommynomad wrote:

I somehow doubt any death is glamerous but let's be honest... dying from a bad case of the 'SPLATS' not my idea of the way to go... liquified globs of me... no... scooping me into a thermos for use as a coffin is just nasty.

At that point I think you'll be beyond caring. I just want to spend my last moments in flight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:
I've heard claims from jews and muslims that the shechita slaughter is very humane or even the most humane method of killing animals. I imagine that if it truly is considered humane then it should be an acceptable method if you could choose your own method of excecution.

Isn't it something in the lines of what you hinted at in your first post in this thread? That it could be good to evaluate one's "killing habits"?

Sidenote: Shechita slaughter is illegal in Sweden. Imports of shechita slaughtered meat is legal.

Got it now. I understand.

I agree with you. I think Jewish and Muslim ritual slaughter is not humane and not as advertized by their respective religions.

It is more "humane" in a pedantic sort of way. For example, Jewish slaughter (Skhitah) has all kinds of rules regarding the sharpness of the blade, for example, so that the animal not feel pain by the cut. The explanation is disingenious because the animal does not immediately die. It is allowed to bleed to death. This is important for Kosher meat because of the prohibition on the consumption of blood. All or as much as possible of the blood must be removed from the meat. I suppose this method facilitates that.

I don't know enough about abattoirs and their business to know if an animal feels pain while bleeding to death or just eventually passes out. Certainly the sight is gory enough. If the animal just passes out perhaps there is a valid point to be made--perhaps.

These laws were formed when the only way to slaughter was by the blade. I suppose in that context these methods are more humane. But, with today's technologies we can easily put an animal down in an instant and truly painlessly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't know enough about abattoirs and their business to know if an animal feels pain while bleeding to death or just eventually passes out. Certainly the sight is gory enough. If the animal just passes out perhaps there is a valid point to be made--perhaps.

When I was younger I worked in a slaughter house. Unless you drug an animal there is no placid march to death. Imagine how you'd feel walking into a room with other men and women hung up by hooks, blood trailing down the gutters around you and the smell of death, feces and fear permeating the air. It'd freak a reasoning human out... no brainer for what it'd do for a beast of the fields.

Since that isn't exactly what you asked... in a quiet tranquil place with no fear in the air... if the blade was sharp enough to do no more than sting... they'd bleed to death happily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.