Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shattered Empire» Forums » General

Subject: New strategy cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Andersson
Sweden
Eksjö
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shattered Empire is run out in all of my local boardgame stores so I'll have to wait for another half month before the next shipment comes in. Though I really want to play with the new strategy cards included in this expansion and thought that I would print them out and play with them until I receive the real deal.

I can't really find pictures of them here on Boardgamegeek. Does anybody know of a link to pictures of the cards in a decent resolution (the ones in the manual is in crappy resolution - maybe so you wouldn't be able to print them out?)? Alternatively can anyone take a photo and post pictures of the cards in a good enough resolution to be printed out?

Thanks in advance!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While not exactly what you asked for, my tech tree / strategy cards upload would have everything you need to play:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/28303

The front side has a tech tree that you can use to replace the tech cards and just mark off techs as you acquire them. The back side has the text from all of the strategy cards from the shattered empires expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Padachan wrote:
Shattered Empire is run out in all of my local boardgame stores so I'll have to wait for another half month before the next shipment comes in. Though I really want to play with the new strategy cards included in this expansion and thought that I would print them out and play with them until I receive the real deal.

I can't really find pictures of them here on Boardgamegeek. Does anybody know of a link to pictures of the cards in a decent resolution (the ones in the manual is in crappy resolution - maybe so you wouldn't be able to print them out?)? Alternatively can anyone take a photo and post pictures of the cards in a good enough resolution to be printed out?

Thanks in advance!

Since it's just a matter of waiting for the real thing, couldn't you just temporarily type them out and print them onto plain cardstock? May not look as fancy-dancy, but they'd be functional.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on your other thread, but thought I'd put it here as well:

The Shattered Empire rules are available from Fantasy Flight's web page. The new strategy cards are pictured at the back of the rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bsushort wrote:
I posted this on your other thread, but thought I'd put it here as well:

The Shattered Empire rules are available from Fantasy Flight's web page. The new strategy cards are pictured at the back of the rules.

It's the resolution in the book that he has a concern with
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Andersson
Sweden
Eksjö
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response in here! Yes, as Scott says Nick the quality is just too bad on the manual.

I "could" just write it down etc but it wouldn't be half as fun to play with. I'm planning to have some friends over this or next weekend to play TI3 and I would like to have them play with the Shattered Empire strategy cards. And having "not the original looking cards" would destroy some of the beautiful theme of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with home-made cards before and they were not that big of a deal. You still have the map and all of the plastic ships.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Andersson
Sweden
Eksjö
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob wrote:
I've played with home-made cards before and they were not that big of a deal. You still have the map and all of the plastic ships.


That's true. But I love fixing things for boardgames and would really like to print the original out and glue them on some cardboard.

I just thought if someone had a link or were willing to take a photo of their cards it would be sweet. Otherwise I won't die.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rintoul
Switzerland
Nyon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Padachan wrote:
Thanks for the quick response in here! Yes, as Scott says Nick the quality is just too bad on the manual.

I "could" just write it down etc but it wouldn't be half as fun to play with. I'm planning to have some friends over this or next weekend to play TI3 and I would like to have them play with the Shattered Empire strategy cards. And having "not the original looking cards" would destroy some of the beautiful theme of the game.


If this is a problem you had better wait.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Andersson
Sweden
Eksjö
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Big A wrote:

If this is a problem you had better wait.


Yes, probably I'll have to. But if anyone has a solution ready I would be really happy!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you examine the VASSAL module as a .zip file, under the images folder it contains all the scanned graphics for the game (including Strategy cards)

http://www.ti3wiki.org/images/9/90/TI3_VASSAL_v1_02SE.zip
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Andersson
Sweden
Eksjö
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
If you examine the VASSAL module as a .zip file, under the images folder it contains all the scanned graphics for the game (including Strategy cards)

http://www.ti3wiki.org/images/9/90/TI3_VASSAL_v1_02SE.zip


Yes! This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot! These will come out real nice I'm sure. Now I only need to wait for the expansion to come in so I can get the real deal. Thanks again Martin!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.