Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I have been reading all the posts in consimworld and here(all of them) and I have read the rulebook a few times, but I still have some questions (BTW excellent game!!!)
My questions:

1. Max LOS. When placing an Enemy Arty FO at Max LOS which is the Max LOS? I assume V (3 cards away because my unit was on a hill).

2. Evacuating casualties. If I command a Fire Team to pick up a casualty, the unit is Exposed, so it cannot move in this same turn. Correct?

3. Can I activate a unit to embark on the jeep if the jeep is not (yet) on the same card. I mean, can I order the HG to embark the jeep when it arrives, activate the jeep, move it to the place where the ¨HG is, pick up the HG and continue moving? I assume no.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A few questions
1. Yes
2. Yes...you unload for free after a move though.
3. Jeep moves in the Vehicle phase after the infantry phase. So no you can't do what you postulate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave! Those were my guesses, but I wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abendoso wrote:

1. Max LOS. When placing an Enemy Arty FO at Max LOS which is the Max LOS? I assume V (3 cards away because my unit was on a hill).

Dave,
You answered "yes" to this, but I am wondering if the mission's visibility should be taken into account - for example, if a mission is taking place at night, then isn't max visibility "C" (close range - one card away) instead of "V" (three cards away)? Wouldn't this then mean that "max LOS" for that mission would therefore be only a single card away for enemy unit placement? Even if the LOS from the card could honestly be further?

[EDIT: Just wanted to thank you Dave for the posts you've made in many of the other threads in the FoF forum here - they have been very helpful to me!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, max LOS would be under whatever current conditions you have available so you are right. I said Yes as technically 3 is the maximum range in the game. So work backwards from 3 taking into account Natural Light visibility, smoke and terrain blockage. It's possible in a night mission the PC card might be illuminated allowing longer LOS range.

And i'm more than glad to help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.