Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Thompson
United Kingdom
Bangor
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmb
The lack of information on this game is driving me nuts!!!. If anyone knows anything please share!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
You aren't the only one who wants to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Krolak
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer has it discounted for pre-order at present. They also have an estimated release date of "Q1 2009" on their site:

http://www.thoughthammer.com/eve-conquests-p-5886.html?osCsi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fassio
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And we all know how ThoughtHammer can predict the future :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Rueff
Germany
Muenchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
game is delayed to q1 2009, in the new EON issue is a little pic of the Gameboard. in the upper left corner there is a wheel, maybe the unknown action wheel which is separated in 12 pieces in each piece there are 6 little icons. under this wheel there are several small areas one says production in it are 3 icons to the right is a area which says discard, beneath the production area is a logistic square with 10 little areas arranged in a circle with a discard square next to it. under this square is a development area 9 icons with a discard area next to it. in the middle of the board you can see round icons around 43 which around 19 of them are green empire systems around them are 10 turquoise system around thema are 12 yellow (low sec) systems around them are 12 red 00 systems. they all have small text but i cannot read it. seems like names and something else maybe ressources, in the middle of the icons are always small pictures i think they are taken of the eve ccg. the whole picture is onle the north and the middle so i think we have about 90-100 systems in total.on the upper right corner there is a 0-30 points field looks like victory points.
hope you can understand how it looks like. there are no pieces shown.

[STV] Rixar -Ev0ke-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Rueff
Germany
Muenchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
got a response to my pm sent to Pétur Örn Pórarinsson

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that there is no new information here on EVE: Conquests.

Yesterday, I asked someone in marketing to supply bgg.com with photos and the release date, so I'd expect it to be up here real soon. I can't remember the date off the top of my head as I'm working on different projects right now, but I have an early press copy of the game sitting right by my desk so it can only be a matter of a few weeks.

Thank you for your interest!
Petur

great news for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets hope they come through

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hope this is some sort of prototype - I don't want to play Dvonn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boudreau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm also eagerly awaiting this game. That's good news to hear from Petur. And the other good news is none of the stores have removed it from the pre-order list. So it's not just Thought Hammer that still has it, I've checked like 5 different sellers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
March - at least it's on a distributor's pre-order list for March

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://icv2.com/articles/news/14506.html

White Wolf will release Eve: Conquests, a strategy board game based on the Eve MMORPG in June. The game, which can be played by two to four players in approximately two hours, will retail for $74.99.

The Eve setting is 20,000 years in the future, when massive empires have arisen to envelop vast areas of space.

In Eve: Conqeusts, players take the roles of the four major empires in the Eve universe and play the political landscape, including frequent wars, in order to prove their superiority by means of planetary domination. Game play is a “Euro-style mechanic,” according to designer Petur Thorarinsson (see “White Wolf Expands Board Game Line”).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaadd wrote:

White Wolf will release Eve: Conquests, a strategy board game based on the Eve MMORPG in June. The game, which can be played by two to four players in approximately two hours, will retail for $74.99.

The Eve setting is 20,000 years in the future, when massive empires have arisen to envelop vast areas of space.

In Eve: Conqeusts, players take the roles of the four major empires in the Eve universe and play the political landscape, including frequent wars, in order to prove their superiority by means of planetary domination. Game play is a “Euro-style mechanic,” according to designer Petur Thorarinsson (see “White Wolf Expands Board Game Line”).

Just to check... is this release anything to do with FFG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
$75 ouch! Considering their lower production values that's pretty steep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Thaadd wrote:

Just to check... is this release anything to do with FFG?

Heh. Nope. I am just a big Eve nerd (aside from being Customer Service at FFG!) Staff here have learned the danger of asking me about the ships on the poster over my desk (the to scale ships of Eve one from a couple years back) because I answer a bit too enthusiastically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.