Popular Tags: [View All]
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This poll was a inspired by a recent poll by Shad.

I wanted to see what out door and sport activities my fellow gamers are into (or not into). My apologies ahead of time for missing some activity that I should have recalled. Please feel free to post.

Choose all that apply. In some cases I offer a general category and then more specific activity. Like "Fishing" then "Fly Fishing". If you fly fish you would want to choose both activities.

Note: These activities are all based on the last five years. So, you may be fifty and the last time you camped was age six. So, don't choose camping.

*If there is a choice that is close to what you do, then choose it. Example: I put surfing but not body surfing or skim boarding. Either would fit under surfing.

Have fun.

LOL Golfm=Golfing

Poll
1. In the last five years you have done the following Sport(s) and how many times:

All sports activity can be on a formal team or just recreational and non-competitive.

Wii does not count.
  None 1 to 3 times 4 to 6 times 7 to 10 times 11 to 20 times I am an addict Never (or only as a child) but I would love to give it a try
Tennis
Basketball
Baseball
Softball
Football (including flag)
Cricket
Ultimate Frisbee
Disc Golf
Golfm(not mini)
Running/Jogging
Marathon
5k/10k
Iron Man (any level)
Swimming
High Diving
Skiing/Boarding Downhill
Nordic/XC
Biathlon
Mountain Biking
Road Biking
Rowing (the sport not canoe or kayak)
Hockey
Skating
Field Hockey
Soccer (Football)
Rugby
Volley Ball
Lacrosse
Wrestling
Boxing
Martial Arts
Dodge ball
Surfing
Shooting sports
Trap and or Skeet
Archery
Dancing
Cheer Leading
Power Lifting
Fencing
Gymnastics
Racquet Ball/Squash
Hand Ball
Other active sport (example pool does not count)
2. What Outdoor activities have you done in the last five years and how many times:
  Never 1 to 3 times 4 to 6 times 7 to 10 times 11 to 20 times I am an addict Never (or only as a child) but I would love to try
Sky Diving
Climbing
Bouldering
Hiking
Walking (more the twenty minutes at a time)
Backpacking
Camping (car or back country)
Fishing (Any kind)
Fly Fishing
Ice fishing
Salt Water Fishing
Spear Fishing
Scuba Diving
Snorkeling
Cliff Diving (including rope swings)
Hunting (General)
Small Game
Large Game
Water Fowl
Archery Hunting
Biking (any kind)
Road Biking
Mountain Biking
Skate Boarding
Bird Watching
Wildlife Photography
Canoe/Kayaking/Paddling
White Water Rafting Kayaking
Beach Combing
Dog Walking (Not just letting Fido out the door)
Horse Back Riding
Spelunking
Swimming (General)
Skiing/Boarding
Ballooning
Hang-gliding
Wind Surfing
Surfing
Sailing
Dog Sledding
Tubing/sledding (winter)
Water Skiing
Nordic/XC
Orienteering
Mushroom Hunting
Letter Boxing
Gardening
Geocatching
Kiting
Zorbing
3. On average, how many times do you workout for at least twenty minutes a week.
  Never Once a week Twice a week Three times a week Four times a week Five times a week Six times a week Seven times a week Eight plus.
Cardio (Get that heart rate up)
Streangth Training
      96 answers
Poll created by Prestonisnormal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What?! No Croquet?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am 50 as of this past Sunday, and I've been a computer programmer for the past 11 years, so that explains why I'm only into birdwatching (backyard) and (flower) gardening. I'm just not an outdoorsy, active guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL I thought of Croquet. I left that, Kubb, Lawn Darts, Bowling, Horse Shoes and such, out. I was looking for sports that boost the heart rate or give streangth benefits.

I know, if your 80 and out playing Croquet every day that is good for you. I get it.

In the end I left it out but I raise my glass to the fine lawn game sport. I for one love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glsonn wrote:
I am 50 as of this past Sunday, and I've been a computer programmer for the past 11 years, so that explains why I'm only into birdwatching (backyard) and (flower) gardening. I'm just not an outdoorsy, active guy.

Gardening has very healthy side to it and is more physical then people often think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
No paintball?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
No paintball?

I so meant to include this and while I was composing this, I forgot. Darn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some items are on there twice.

We travelled hours to the zorbing centre only to find they were unable to do water zorbing--the only kind we were interested in--that day. So we went schweebing.

edited to add:
in addition to your own geeklist on this topic (had you forgotten?), there's a really good one here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/25178
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prestonisnormal wrote:
LOL I thought of Croquet. I left that, Kubb, Lawn Darts, Bowling, Horse Shoes and such, out. I was looking for sports that boost the heart rate or give streangth benefits.

So would you include juggling under lawn games & such? I would consider it at least (if not more) as healthy as fly fishing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you decide to revise your poll, I would recommend at least one more column. There is a big gap between 11-20 times in 5 years (which works out to 2-4 times per year) and "I'm an addict". At least, it's a big gap when it comes to certain activities. For example, I wouldn't consider myself a jogging addict if I went jogging every other month, but that adds up to 30 times in 5 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Strohm
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My "Other active sport" is Dagorhir. Foam weapon fighting is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Groth
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
If you decide to revise your poll, I would recommend at least one more column. There is a big gap between 11-20 times in 5 years (which works out to 2-4 times per year) and "I'm an addict". At least, it's a big gap when it comes to certain activities. For example, I wouldn't consider myself a jogging addict if I went jogging every other month, but that adds up to 30 times in 5 years.

I strongly agree. I mean, I rode my bike to work maybe fifty times three or four years ago, but only ten times the last couple years. Doesn't sound like much of an addiction, but it is a heck of a lot more than 20 in five years.

Also note that there is a big difference between "Never but would like to" do something, and "Only as a child and would like to try it again". And then there is the category of things we haven't done for 5 years, but previously did quite a bit, even past childhood. These could be three separate columns.

Interesting poll though.
It is hard to put things together, and easy to make suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prestonisnormal wrote:
glsonn wrote:

Gardening has very healthy side to it and is more physical then people often think.

You bet! That and snow shoveling constitute my year-round exercise regimen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play indoor soccer weekly. does this count? Oh yeah, I'm a keeper, so wrestling or boxing might count as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm amused that "Wildlife Photography" is an outdoor activity, but general or landscape photography is not. I'm definitely an addict there, but the more specialized topic of wildlife photography (you need MUCH fancier lenses!) is considerably rarer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen stover
United States
lake dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a Cub Scout Leader for four years and with my Boy graduating to Boy Socuts newt month. I have done many of the things on the second list and what I have not done I will do being a leader in Boy Scouts.
however you left off a number of hobbies that are outdoor related that I actively do.

Metal Detecting
Gold Panning / Prospecting

www.thetreasuredepot.com

Rock Hunting

www.gamineral.org/ft-photo_page-frame-main.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's one of them 'Outdoors' you speak of? I though 'Letter Boxing' was something TVs did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenstover wrote:
Being a Cub Scout Leader for four years and with my Boy graduating to Boy Socuts newt month. I have done many of the things on the second list and what I have not done I will do being a leader in Boy Scouts.
however you left off a number of hobbies that are outdoor related that I actively do.

Metal Detecting
Gold Panning / Prospecting

www.thetreasuredepot.com

Rock Hunting

www.gamineral.org/ft-photo_page-frame-main.htm

Well,laugh I thought I covered a great deal but as I said in thge OP, I will miss a few. Gold prospecting was one of them.

RE: Wildlife Photography. Landscar photographu would count as well. Like I said, if there is an activity listed that is close to what you do please count it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to be alot more athletic and active when I was younger but no so much nowadays. I love the outdoors and many activities associated with the outdoors, just do not get to get involved in what I would like to. I usually go "camping" once a year, but my friends and I all stay in cabins. I know that is not really camping, but waking up in a hot tent is not my idea of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.