Recommend
45 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: How to Earn a Golden Meeple on Just 4.45 Thumbs Per Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Time.

Time, my friends, is one way you too can earn your way to that Golden Meeple that signifies 5000 thumbs.

Over the course of the last 1,124 days I have garnered 4.45 thumbs per day and am now at the threshold of a Golden Meeple with 4999 total thumbs. The way I see it, my contributions fit the profile of just your regular dude in the forums. A look at my BGG contributions shows that I just love to blather on in the various places on the 'Geek where one can leave comments.

Over the last 1,124 days of my BGG membership, a whopping 91% of my thumbs (4541 out of 4999 thumbs) came for tossing out comments here and there on GeekLists, images, forum replies, and just about any space one can leave a comment.

So for those who want to know how long it takes to get to 5000 thumbs without doing much of anything other than cracking wise, that's:

3 years, 28 days
or
160 weeks
or
26,976 hours
or
1,618,560 minutes

Here's proof:


A big THANK YOU to all the thumbers and to Board Game Geek itself (which is 9 years old today)! I'm glad I've got something to show for it!

thumbsup
54 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmo Kramer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
Over the last 1,124 days of my BGG membership, a whopping 91% of my thumbs (4541 out of 4999 thumbs) came for tossing out comments here and there on GeekLists, images, forum replies, and just about any space one can leave a comment.


Ok, I need to get cracking on getting more thumbs and this seems just about the perfect place to toss out a comment.

Congrats!
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pɹɐɥɔᴉɹ
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Careful. There is a minefield around here.
badge
BANG!! Don't step on the mines!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Oberst wrote:
blindspot wrote:
Over the last 1,124 days of my BGG membership, a whopping 91% of my thumbs (4541 out of 4999 thumbs) came for tossing out comments here and there on GeekLists, images, forum replies, and just about any space one can leave a comment.


Ok, I need to get cracking on getting more thumbs and this seems just about the perfect place to toss out a comment.

Congrats!

No Comment.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


And 32 thumbs since you made that screen shot, well on your way to Golden Meeple number 2.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brooks
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a lot of comments...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van de Voorde
Belgium
Schoonaarde (Dendermonde)
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Have a Dikke Knuffel (A Big Hug for you non dutch speaking people :) )
badge
Stepping out on the road is a dangerous business. You have to keep your feet under you, or before you know it you'll be swept off to who knows where!
Avatar
mbmbmb
Congratulations m8!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think your golden thumb needs an asterisk! Seems to me that anyone who frequents that thumb-mill called Chit Chat gets a lot of thumbs for comparatively little work (as long as you're funny/sarcastic/confrontational).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's how it's done...

Only more 3500 for me
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Åkerfelt
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats on that. This whole Thumbs the Gathering IS rather fun. I don't even know what the appeal is, but i can't help following how many i have.

In afew years, i'll be making a similar post, but do have abit to go yet, as i am currently att 199.

Feel free to help out.


Edit : 200!! Thanks!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you could make it. Way to go!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
msbtch2u wrote:
I think your golden thumb needs an asterisk! Seems to me that anyone who frequents that thumb-mill called Chit Chat gets a lot of thumbs for comparatively little work (as long as you're funny/sarcastic/confrontational).

Au contraire. Dropping quality bon mots in chit chat hardly goes noticed next to all of the wild and woolliness there. In defense of all the good folks who frequent Chit Chat, I've posted a paltry and rather reticent 136 times in Chit Chat, a mere 5% of my total. Needless to say, if I had garnered most of my thumbs there I would be even prouder!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that I've gotten a surprisingly high number of thumbs for taking the time to respond with the simple, two-word reply, "Thank You!"

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paladin_fin wrote:
This whole Thumbs the Gathering IS rather fun. I don't even know what the appeal is, but i can't help following how many i have.


To me, at the heart of it, a thumb is just a simple visible way to say "I'm listening." It's visual applause. And that is what is gratifying about thumbs. It's a very necessary thing in a medium where it can seem like everybody is talking and very few are listening.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have thumbed WAY more than I have been thumbed.
I guess I am just a giver...

Images: 1043
GeekLists: 239
Threads: 419
Files: 5
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom-le-termite
United States
ft lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're going to need a bigger tub.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
Time


Well... sure enough. However, activity helps a bit. I havn't done much in the past few month on BGG... just reading stuff here and there... And guess what, it doesn't pay much
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pictured a new line of bumper stickers: "Thumb if you like my car!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nina Kin
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh HEY, you're in Berkeley! I just graduated from Berkeley a couple years ago. I wish I got into board gaming while I was there. I saw mention of a group but was too chicken to go by myself. I've been to Games of Berkeley but sadly enough never actually picked up a board game there.
thumbsup
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boggs
Australia
Midland
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Interesting. Thumbs up for the post!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How to do a Meeple Dance:
meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thedude05 wrote:
I have thumbed WAY more than I have been thumbed.
I guess I am just a giver...

Images: 1043
GeekLists: 239
Threads: 419
Files: 5


Pshaw! Obviously you're not a golfer:

Images: 3084
GeekLists: 548
Threads: 972
Files: 35

I'm adhering to a pretty strict thumb regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
walkie wrote:
thedude05 wrote:
I have thumbed WAY more than I have been thumbed.
I guess I am just a giver...

Images: 1043
GeekLists: 239
Threads: 419
Files: 5


Pshaw! Obviously you're not a golfer:

Images: 3084
GeekLists: 548
Threads: 972
Files: 35

I'm adhering to a pretty strict thumb regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.



Your in the same boat as I am. Thumbed way more than you have recieved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.