Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does FFG really think someone is going to buy an extra game just to be able to race the last track???

i almost find myself insulted that a track is included that can't be made from the base box set.

At the very least FFG should make extra track pieces available for sale as small expansion for use in making larger tracks or replacement pieces.

As a whole I really enjoy FFG products, but this is the 2nd time in recent memory that they have done things that rub me the wrong way (the promo figure from Tomb of ice that was promised to be a mass release, that has not seen the light of day)....i hope FFG gets some of this stuff in order, I dont mind buying your games....but that doesnt mean you are going to take advantage of me either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! How many additional sections does this map require? Do the intructions inform the player that they will need additional pieces in order to complete this track? Perhaps it was an error when designing the game/track?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
It is actually a Nexus game and not a FFG game.

Mike Z
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
i almost find myself insulted that a track is included that can't be made from the base box set.

How DARE they!! It has cost you so much to be given a bonus track that maybe you and friend together could make!! I can't believe they would do something so nefarious!!!@!1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
Quote:

How DARE they!! It has cost you so much to be given a bonus track that maybe you and friend together could make!! I can't believe they would do something so nefarious!!!@!1!

We don't know if was an oversight during the game design, so I would hesitate saying not having enough track pieces is, 'something so nefarious.'
thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patroclus wrote:
We don't know if was an oversight during the game design, so I would hesitate saying not having enough track pieces is, 'something so nefarious.'
thumbsdown

The rulebook goes out of its way to tell you you'll need a second game to make the last track? That sounds deliberate.

Perhaps Days of Wonder was being uncool when they made up Battlelore scenarios that required you to buy a second map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
Quote:

i really dont care if you dont feel that way about it.....i do, i am also betting more would feel like i do and not how you feel about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just like the overlord scenarios in my copy of Memoir '44, I view it as a bonus track that I could build should I happen to have a friend with a copy.

Seeing as how the alternative would be for them to not include it, I don't really see the harm in showing what can be done if there is more than one copy of the game around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
just like the overlord scenarios in my copy of Memoir '44, I view it as a bonus track that I could build should I happen to have a friend with a copy.

Seeing as how the alternative would be for them to not include it, I don't really see the harm in showing what can be done if there is more than one copy of the game around.

the least FFGs should do is make extra track pieces available for sale....then it would be a moot point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they do and it also comes with more bikes, more dashboards, more dice and another rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mhutton wrote:
the least FFGs should do is make extra track pieces available for sale....then it would be a moot point

Why? FFG only sells the game. They didn't make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
mhutton wrote:

Why? FFG only sells the game. They didn't make it.

like it would be hard for them to sell a track expansion that would contain enough pieces to build the last circuit....heck it could include more, largers circuits to race on also....seriously, if you need more of an explanation of why that would make sense then please dont reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mhutton wrote:

like it would be hard for them to sell a track expansion that would contain enough pieces to build the last circuit....heck it could include more, largers circuits to race on also....seriously, if you need more of an explanation of why that would make sense then please dont reply

One last time:

FFG DID NOT MAKE THE GAME!

Your beef is with Nexus. Nexus owns the game and are the only ones that can make an expansion for it. Heck, I don't think that FFG even has the source files to send to the printer.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
MrSkeletor wrote:
How many 'tracks' does the game coem with?

13 tracks total. 12 can be built with one copy of the game, the 13th needs 8 extra pieces from another copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
Patroclus wrote:
thumbsdown

The rulebook goes out of its way to tell you you'll need a second game to make the last track? That sounds deliberate.

Perhaps Days of Wonder was being uncool when they made up Battlelore scenarios that required you to buy a second map.

OK, thanks for researching that! See you were wrong to call FFG "nefarious!" I think you owe FFG an apology!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patroclus wrote:
OK, thanks for researching that! See you were wrong to call FFG "nefarious!" I think you owe FFG an apology!

Just to clarify: I was being a dick. On purpose. I think it's ludicrous to complain about something that most people would consider a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
So I recomend the OP eats the last page of the trackbook and just pretendf it came with 12 tracks, which is plenty.

Well, only the bottom half of the last page, but whatev.

Keep in mind players can MAKE UP any tracks they want since the pieces are all modular. The rules even give tips on how to do so in a balanced fashion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
Patroclus wrote:

Just to clarify: I was being a dick. On purpose. I think it's ludicrous to complain about something that most people would consider a bonus.

ahhh...got it! LOL

I didn't see the winking smiley so I assumed you were being serious!
carry on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.