Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a production decision that the designer didn't know about. In any case, there's usually plenty of counters. It's a rare thing to run out, though it does happen. This has always been the rule in CC: the countermix is a hard limit for such things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
why was the blank side not filled with a selection of the commonly used units ?

This has been discussed at length here and elsewhere, but the bottom line is this: I had no idea that CC:Stalingrad would be printed with a full sheet until I saw the finished product about 6 weeks ago. John and I designed this Battle Pack to include exactly half a sheet of counters thinking that the printer would simply double up the image, print half as many sheets, then cut them in half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And thinking ahead - with this production learning - we're going to specify a full countersheet for the next BP - with useful materials and some "extras" - with the understanding (from production experience) that printing a countersheet is less expensive than printing AND cutting one - certainly given that there is already an existing die for the countersheet. This may or may not translate into a slight marginal increase in cost, hopefully offset by an larger increase in useful value received by your our customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.