Subject: P500 Progress - Op Garbo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: preorder [+] p500 [+] sweden [+] lnl [+] recession [+] [View All]
Steven Price
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
The latest word from Mark Walker.

"Garbo needs 150 more orders to go, and has accumulated them at a somewhat slower rate than the other WaW products".

I'm surprised.

Steven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have thought S-Tanks would be really popular. I know I have it on pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wrgplayer wrote:
The latest word from Mark Walker.

"Garbo needs 150 more orders to go, and has accumulated them at a somewhat slower rate than the other WaW products".

I'm surprised.

Steven

Could be the economy. People from GMT and MMP have said in recent interviews that their preorders are slowing down and existing preorders are being cancelled. It's not too much of a stretch that the hobby as a whole is taking a hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Price
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Certainly the current state of the economy is affecting my purchasing decisions (I broke the news to the wife about her spending yesterday).

Steven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lohse
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more recent updates on the status?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Appley award winner, 1984
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I would have thought S-Tanks would be really popular. I know I have it on pre-order.

Me too, and for the S-tanks, as well. Let's hope they put more than 3 in the counter-mix.

Not sure, but the description of "old men" fighting for the Swedes does not sound overly enticing, (at least to me). Perhaps "militia" or "regional conscripts" would have imparted a better flavor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Price
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
'Old men' fighting sounds quite cool to me. They probably have little more to live for and will take crazy risks - running across the meadow to throw a satchel charge on a T-72 engine deck, and then pulling their groin - ouch!

Steven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. CLAY
United States
CHASKA
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I can't wait. It's been long and painful. I also pre-ordered Dawns Early Light. I also agree that it's the economy. I have really enjoyed the entire series. I have also been waiting for Balkan Gambit which is supposed to be published by Fiery Dragon in 2009..............I have stopped holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Price
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
It seems like we have been waiting alllooonnngggg time.

I'm also in with DEL.

LnL seems to be quiet around these parts. I note they are charging people for P500 games, but I haven't read about them actually going to the printers (e.g. RoH and ATZ). I may be mistaken.

Steven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Thuillier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

Looks very quiet over here...
Any news about the P500 progress for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Price
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
No news for a while. I believe The Untold Stories will be released before Op Garbo as it is accumulating pre-orders at a faster rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.