Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to thank everyone who attended one or more of our Dallas Games Marathon since it's inception. The success of this event has been more than any of us organizers could have imagined and it is directly attributable to the great people who have graced us with their attendance.

This only makes us want to make the event even better. So we are.

We are adding one more game to give away to a random person each and every month. That gives every person who attends two chances to win a game just for attending. The exact games are undetermined yet but will always be new and or popular games. Feedback in this regard is welcome.

Other less exciting but still impactful improvements are in the planning including more snacks and a recycling program. Another "free lunch" weekend is planned for later this year as well.

This is all in addition to the occasional tournament with prizes and appearances by game designers and publishers.

The next event will be the weekend of February 20th-22nd.

Can't wait to see you then.

Carl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Snyder
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not to beat a dead horse, but, I am.

Thanks, Carl. My group really enjoyed it, and it has even caused us to go out, do our patriotic duty, and stimulate the economy. Shadows over Camelot has been added to our group's collection.

See you in February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Culp
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
I'd like to thank everyone who attended one or more of our Dallas Games Marathon since it's inception. The success of this event has been more than any of us organizers could have imagined and it is directly attributable to the great people who have graced us with their attendance.

This only makes us want to make the event even better. So we are.

We are adding one more game to give away to a random person each and every month. That gives every person who attends two chances to win a game just for attending. The exact games are undetermined yet but will always be new and or popular games. Feedback in this regard is welcome.

Other less exciting but still impactful improvements are in the planning including more snacks and a recycling program. Another "free lunch" weekend is planned for later this year as well.

This is all in addition to the occasional tournament with prizes and appearances by game designers and publishers.

The next event will be the weekend of February 20th-22nd.

Can't wait to see you then.

Carl

Wow, two chances for me to lose! This last time I came closer than ever the puled ticket # was 462 and I held 461.

Thanks for putting these on, I can believe the cost is only $10.00, it would be a bargain at twice the price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cost of the event is meant only to cover expenses. Any surplus is put back into the event.

We are in the process of making the game library a more viable option for everyone. Most people probably don't even realize that we have one. Our short term goal is to provide the latest more popular games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.