Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H.C. O'Neill
United States
Bethel
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The old Gatling Engine program is now defunct. However you can now play Rage online with Lackey! It's available for both PC and Mac! Yes, MAC!!!

Here's the details of how to set it up:
http://www.rainydaypaperback.com/home/rage/playonline.html

That page will be updated with additional instructions as they become available. Please report any bugs you find with the Rage interface on Lackey! We can't fix them it we don't know about them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.C. O'Neill
United States
Bethel
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lackey has been updated to now include some preconstructed decks so you can jump into playing right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game a few times back when it was new, and I might be interested in playing some on Lackey. Is there an AI to do some preliminary rules-learning games with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.C. O'Neill
United States
Bethel
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bot is not fully automated. But you can start a solo game and load a deck to the Bot and then switch between play positions.

You effectively end up playing with yourself, but it lets you muck about with all the controls without having to find an opponent first. It's sort of like a big sandbox.

There's also a quickstart version of the rules available as an illustrated PDF:
http://www.rainydaypaperback.com/home/rage/ragesets/quicksta...

It condenses the rules down so you can get the core rules right off and then go read the more complicated stuff later.

There's usually some people on Friday evening (US time) if you want to find someone to teach you to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to log on a nearby Friday evening. I generally have some free time on that evening, as my wife has a regular Friday meeting. I remember the game being fun, but we never put more than four boosters and a starter (or something like that) together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls