Popular Tags: [View All]
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember that the new v1.1 rules specifically address that artillery scatter rolls (1 hex in white, 1 hex in black direction) are not to be treated as rolls and do not trigger die triggers.

What about rolls on the support table? Do those trigger die triggers (like the time card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Interpret the rules strictly. This is a roll hence is subject to any triggers. The artillery scatter check is never called a roll in the rules (and is not subject to triggers as a result.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brugato
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
Nullum gratuitum prandium.
mbmbmbmbmb
What Richard said. Every 'roll' is a 'roll.' The only exception (and it really isn't an exception by strict definition) is the 'drift check'--which isn't a roll, it's a drift check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, don't forget the other golden rule that any rolls made while resolving a die trigger cannot produce other triggers.

Hence, if you were rolling on the support table due to an Event! trigger, then you would not resolve any other triggers while rolling under said Event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Santos
Spain
Santiago de Compostela
Galicia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geekgeek wrote:

Hence, if you were rolling on the support table due to an Event! trigger, then you would not resolve any other triggers while rolling under said Event.

...and, as far as I know, the only way to get to roll on the support table for reinforcements is after an Event that allows you, so it is already implied that all triggers rolling on the support table are to be ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Enoch Root wrote:
geekgeek wrote:

...and, as far as I know, the only way to get to roll on the support table for reinforcements is after an Event that allows you, so it is already implied that all triggers rolling on the support table are to be ignored.

I'd say this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:
Enoch Root wrote:
Quote:
geekgeek wrote:

I'd say this too.

Tsk, Tsk, boys don't forget about the Defender only Action: Hidden Unit A35.4 which allows a roll on the support table without an event so it is in fact a possibility that you can have an event trigger during a roll on the support table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geekgeek wrote:
However, don't forget the other golden rule that any rolls made while resolving a die trigger cannot produce other triggers.

Yes, this was exactly our situation yesterday. Thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
NinetySixer wrote:
Tsk, Tsk, boys don't forget about the Defender only Action: Hidden Unit A35.4 which allows a roll on the support table without an event

That is the only non-event Support Roll (at this time) for CC:E. Generalizing, and expanding - CC has an additional non-event support roll as well (eg Infiltrate-Hide).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.