Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Siegel
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly suggest the Gela Beachhead. It came down to the last roll, an experience I haven't been able to relive since Tiger Hunt and Blood on the Mountain. Germans won, but if only I hadn't placed that damned AT squad near the crest of the hill...

It played well balanced, although my Axis counterpart swore it was tipped in my favor. He fought tooth & nail against the right side of the mountains, flanking my main defenses. I had the objective markers until the start of round 6. Great fun.

Only issue was with the 1st division squad base count--we just filled the rest with regular infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spaz Devaux
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
VERY THIGHT, IF I CAN SAY.. I PLAYED TWO OR THREE OF EM AND I MUST TELL THE DESIGNERS HAVE SELECTED FOR THE MOST PART, DECISIVE AND THIGHT TILL THE END BATTLES.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nagato Fujibayashi

Athens
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played about 4-5 scenarios couple of times each...so far everything very good and the other ones look really interesting too.I thing the book is a must for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
7times7is49 wrote:
I highly suggest the Gela Beachhead. It came down to the last roll, an experience I haven't been able to relive since Tiger Hunt and Blood on the Mountain. Germans won, but if only I hadn't placed that damned AT squad near the crest of the hill...

It played well balanced, although my Axis counterpart swore it was tipped in my favor. He fought tooth & nail against the right side of the mountains, flanking my main defenses. I had the objective markers until the start of round 6. Great fun.

Only issue was with the 1st division squad base count--we just filled the rest with regular infantry.

Doesn't it explicitely say in the instructions that you won't be able to fill all the squad bases? My idea is that this is intentional and that it's meant to represent already weakened squads.

Would this alter the balance of the scenario? From what I understand you guys filled up the remaining holes with regulars thereby giving the US more troops than they should have.

This is one of the scenarios on my to play list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.