Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the RU-SB Yugoslav division SR on top of Serbian units in Serbia, even when Serbia has no connection to allied ports?

I don't see any problem with this- its dual nationality means its part Serbian and so it can SR onto Serbian units. But my opponent objects...he points to the note saying this unit can SR to allied ports. I think that is an addition to its SR abilities not a restriction on them.

Its not an issue likely to arise that often, because the Yugoslavs only appeare with Romanian entry and by then the Serbs will probably have collapsed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stock
United States
Elsah
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Historically, this was a unit in Russia that migrated toward Serbia -- it was made up of Serbs that the Russians had as POWs out of the AH army.

So, perhaps a restriction is historically correct, although I hate to add a rule. My intent was, though, that the unit had to use ports to get to Serbia, unless the Serbs and Russians were connected.

But I can see that was not clear....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, its the familiar problem with SR from the Reserve on top of friendly untis, it allows parachutimg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem/opportunity. Actually this is the same issue as SR into Egypt from Reserve by the CPs. It should have the same solution, which is currently that such SR is allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.