Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Janecek
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

As some of you may know there is currently an online Agricola tournament taking place on the following website created by LetsGame:

http://www.ccom.ucsd.edu/~cdeotte/Games/Board1/Agricola.html

The site is absolutely awesome, has 13 rooms (many of which record every action of every game), keeps stats for each user and is open to the public. Chris works to improve the site and the gameplay almost daily, moreover, he listens, takes suggestions and implements them; I couldn;t imagaine a better webhost. If you like agricola and are looking for opponents at any time of the day, come check it out.

The tournament takes place over a series of three rounds. Each round, every player plays three games vs unique opponents and the top finishers move on to the next round, culminating in a 3rd round with the top three players competing in a three game series.

All the games take place on the site and are recorded - additionally we use the forum to schedule each game. We just finished Round 1 and twelve people have qualified for round 2.

View the round 1 resuls here:
http://ccom.ucsd.edu/~cdeotte/Games/Events/Agricola_Standing...

Many of those that have made it to round 2 are BGG regulars:

Fugitive_Unknown
LetsGame/Chris
mapleleafbc/Maple
RicoSuave/Ken
Coyotek4
Schwza
LetsDance
(the other six may be disguised - if you are, let me know )

Please wish them luck and check out the site and the forum if you are interested in finding out more about the tourney or playing an amazingly smooth game of Agricola .

Additionally, if you have any questions about the tournament feel free to message me. Any questions about the site itself, please contact "the genius" directly = Letsgame

Thanks and have fun!
Steve/Maple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deotte
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your kind words Steve. I enjoy playing webhost and providing a site to play Agricola particularly because of all the great people I meet such as yourself.

For everyone that would like to review completed round 1 matches with comments by the players, go here: Round 1 Tournament Matches w/ Comments. Once this page loads, click on any of the 22 games to see commented pictures of the game in storyboard format.

When the storyboard first loads, only the first gameboard loads fully with all of the player's pieces. Information for rounds 2-14 is viewed by clicking buttons above each round's originally blank gameboard. For example, clicking [Both] above any round board shows images of all the farms and the board after that round.

There have been a lot of amazing games. I recommend checking them out. If you would like to watch live tournament games, you can find the schedule of upcoming matches here: Agricola Online Forum. Once the forum loads, go into the Scheduled Matches (Round 2) message board to see the times, dates, and room where matches will be played. All games are played on this site: Play Agricola Online

Thank you everyone who has participated and helped with making this tournament such a success so far. Congratulations to the players who have advanced. And, a big thank you to Steve who has done most of the hardwork of scheduling and organizing the tournament operations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.