Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Musselman
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I was browsing the Links section of the Age of Steam page, to see if there was an external link for a file reference I was about to upload, and I found that, over the course of the years between the game's release in 2004 and now, over half the listed links are now dead.

The reasons are numerous:
404 Error - the target page has been taken down
500 Error - the target page or tool has broken and is apparently no longer maintained by anyone to fix it
Various "Not Found" errors when entries or groups have been removed from the larger site

You get the idea. I'm sure these can probably be removed via a general "Submit Corrections" request, but in a case like this where there are literally dozens of broken/expired links, an option to flag each broken one directly from the Browse screen would be very very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
oh, I KNOW! maybe include a "Report Broken LINK" 'tab' or 'button' and the like for these? The same with "corrupted" FILES as well eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Musselman
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
oh, I KNOW! maybe include a "Report Broken LINK" 'tab' or 'button' and the like for these? The same with "corrupted" FILES as well eh?

I like the idea about corrupted files too. Do you run across many?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
mussels wrote:
I like the idea about corrupted files too. Do you run across many?
Not really, as I tend to AVOID those altogether mainly due to WHEN some "conversion" process then TOTALLY F*d it UP during such, and thusly it becomes about as useless as: "genitals on a NERD!"
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.