Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marques Jordan
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been doing a lot of research as of late in the field of wargames. Several games that I have come across that all seem to be released within the last few years seem to be so very much alike. I was hoping to get some feedback from folks who have played two or more of these games. Get some comparisons, notable differences, pointing out how similar two or more games are, etc... With the exception of HG and Infinity, it has been rather difficult to find information regarding the mechanics of the games below. I have seen reference in some articles, for example a review for Infinity, that mentions other game systems that are similar (in that case Rezolution and Urban War). Any input would be most appreciated.

Games Accused Of Being Too Similar For Comfort
1) Infinity
2) AE-WWII
3) Rezolution
4) Urban War/Metroloplis/CLAU-Team Actions (game+rules expansions)
5) Heavy Gear Blitz: Locked & Loaded (linked to DTRPG for relevancy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
These are boardgames?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're miniatures games. I've read or played all of them.

They're all different from each other in meaningful ways. They all have different activation systems. They all have different stat lines. Different army lists. Different miniatures asthetics.

Hell, you can download the rules for many of them for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marques Jordan
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MusedFable wrote:
Hell, you can download the rules for many of them for free.
Actually not a single one of them is free. Your the only person I've met online who has even heard of them all. Any chance you could go over some of the differences between the various systems or at least AE-WWII, Rezolution, and Urban War?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.