Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone figured out how this is done?
Is there a third edition module?
Could a generic module be used?
I am new to the game, want to do a cyberboard PBEM game (not vassal), want to use the 3rd edition rules -- so will the map versions of the two modules out there work correctly in a generic module?
Would the Card deck be correct using the second edition module?

Is there big difference in cards, etc. between the 2nd and 3rd editions?
Could a 2nd edition version of the custom module work?

Help!

Mike Gallagher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not Vassal? The Vassal mod is pretty sweet. A bit quirky, but very pretty and very functional. The card decks are different. I'm in two PBEM games with vassal and both are going smoothly, albeit a bit slowly at times. And the surprise cards are a pain to deal with, as you will often have some backtracking to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Why not Vassal? The Vassal mod is pretty sweet. A bit quirky, but very pretty and very functional. The card decks are different. I'm in two PBEM games with vassal and both are going smoothly, albeit a bit slowly at times. And the surprise cards are a pain to deal with, as you will often have some backtracking to do.

I agree that Vassal is good, but only if you use the beta of the new version. Getting the older versions to run properly is often a bear, and they had serious performance issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, Cyber would be "easier" cause I have experience in it.
I have the latest beta version of vassal and have loaded the module, it looks quite nice. I am sure I can figure out how to do PBEM by passing log files.
But really-- big reason is, I asked a group of people to play the cyber board game and THEN realized that I only had the 3rd edition. So therefore the question on 3rd edition cyberboard games.

Mike G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.