Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is it possible??? I mean... is it possible to bid a share u bought before or is it supposed to be one of the share remained on the companies boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's supposed to be one on the company boards. You can't auction off one of your own shares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Nelson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Zimeon wrote:
It's supposed to be one on the company boards. You can't auction off one of your own shares.

Although I still think that might be interesting to try, as a variant...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnel wrote:
Zimeon wrote:

Although I still think that might be interesting to try, as a variant...

This would create a lot of problems, that would entail a whole heap of variants to correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
fellonmyhead wrote:
This would create a lot of problems, that would entail a whole heap of variants to correct.

Agreed. It works in Pampas, but Pampas is a much more controlled and predictable game and that does a lot to help it work. It other adjustments weren't made it would be a mess in Wabash Cannonball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Nelson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
I hear you, but have someone actually tried it? Of course it would be different and it would create problems for people to predict and control the game. Sure, it is a tactic to "kill" all interest in a company by making sure its shares get evenly distributed on all players - so opening up a possibility to re-vitalise a company in this way by selling off your own share would introduce some whole new tactics.

I for one think it would be interesting to try at least once (or know that others have tried and discarded the idea) before I throw the idea away.

Edit: See also the discussion under "Variants": http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/366681

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnel wrote:
and it would create problems for people to predict and control the game.

I have enough problems predicting and controlling the game already. I don't think Chicago Express lacks chaos and unpredictability at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.