Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Owar
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why do Farendil the Elf Ranger and El-Adoran have the same exact stats and abilities, except Farendil has one less life point? Did they fancy El-Adoran a bit too powerful and so they toned Farendil down in the Heroes expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I never noticed that. I'd equalize them, one way or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
All four original heroes have nearly identical counterparts in the Heroes expansion. Which you use pretty much comes down to personal preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobloblah wrote:
All four original heroes have nearly identical counterparts in the Heroes expansion. Which you use pretty much comes down to personal preference.

Heroes is supposd to have 100% duplicates of the main four guys, but Phil was saying that one of them has one fewer LP. This is probably a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SENES Alain
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Sorry for my bad english.
You are sure that Farendil and El Adoran are exactly the same caracter ? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they both have Strength (3), Agility (8), Armour (5) and Luck (7) with 4 arrows, but El-Adoran Sureshot has 11 Life Points while Farendil the Elf Ranger only has 10 Life Points. This makes Farendil slightly disadvantaged. I suppose you could make a minor custom rule to compensate Farendil; perhaps have him roll for shooting skeletons on the Any Other Monster column which gives better odds or let him be able to kill Chaos Warriors with his first arrow?

I would have designed Farendil's character sheet with an extra arrow to compensate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
I wrote to GW about this ages ago (as in, when Heroes had just been released). Farendil should have the extra LP; it's just a proofreading error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.