Daryl Wilks
United States
Peshastin
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Love one another."
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we tried each of my draft variants.

"Booster" Draft Variant Session
Start World Draft
Shoe - New Sparta
Scruffy - Damaged Alien Factory
Shinobi - Separatist Colony
Large Bonus Tiles - Most Military, Most Novelty/Rare Worlds

With an Alien enabler in my hand I thought I might go for an Alien strategy but I didn't draw the cards I needed until right after I discarded the one I had. After drawing the Galactic Genome Project and a few green worlds I went for a green strategy. It paid off and with a VP consume on the last turn I won a close one over Shoe's military strategy. Not really sure what Shinobi was up to, but he was just short of Shoe in military strength.
Final Scores:
Scruffy - 35 pts, secret tile: discard (accomplished), Most Novelty/Rare
Shoe - 34 pts, secret tile: 5 vp's (accomplished), Most Military
Shinobi - 20-some pts, secret tile: phases powers (failed)

"Rochester" Draft Variant Session

Scruffy - Doomed World
Shoe - Damaged Alien Factory
Shinobi - Epsilon Eridani
Large Bonus Tiles - Most Military, Most Production Worlds

In the opening six cards, Shinobi first picked Improved Logistics, I went with New Vinland and Shoe took two 2-strength windfalls for his first & second picks. I had first pick of the next six cards and took Space Marines, knowing it was exactly what Shoe needed to get his machine rolling. I ended up with a 2-military world to go with the Marines and every other card supporting a Novelty strategy. I bailed on the Novelties and went after windfalls, building Terraforming Guild along the way. Shoe went strong into Aliens and had the Alien Tech Institute as enabler and payoff. On the last turn I consumed X2 to pick up my secret objective, but lost a close one to Shoe. Not really sure what Shinobi was up to, but he was just short of Shoe in military strength.
Final Scores:
Shoe - 50 pts, secret tile: each world type (accomplished), Most Military
Scruffy - 49 pts, secret tile: 5 vp's (accomplished), Most Production Worlds
Shinobi - 20-some pts, secret tile: 3 alien (failed)

I really enjoyed these draft variants. See the variant rules here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3048437#3048437

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.