Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had our first game yesterday, and we couldn't figure this out at all from the rulebook.

A hunter had moved into Dracula's location. After the Hunter had resolved the Encounter, what happens? Does he fight Dracula immediately on his turn? Or is Dracula the only player who can initiate combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Curtis
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been a few months since I played last...but I believe if you have found Dracula nad landed on his space once you resolve any other actions for the space the combat begins.

I think you then go about selecting the cards etc etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer of when/if combat should happen greatly depends on the Encounter and how its description says it should resolve. Fog or Bats will end the hunter's turn, for example, avoiding combat. Other encounters will resolve, and then if it does not say to end the turn in the description, the hunter should grab his cards and die and dig in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The previous poster is correct in mentioning that different encounters do different things. Also if I remember correctly, Dracula can choose the order in which things happen so if he wants to fight you before the encounter, I believe he can, though I don't have the rules beside.

However, Dracula is certainly not the only one able to initiate combat. Basically anytime hunters and Dracula move into the same spot, and the encounter doesn't end the turn, combat automatically happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Encounters always come first. The thing Dracula can choose is if there's more than one Encouter he can choose the order they are resolve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that Dracula himself is an encounter. The rules also clarify that he does not count as an encounter with respect to Forwarned imply that he otherwise would be an encounter. If you can find a place in the rules against this I would appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 18

Combat with an Agent ends immediately if The Agent is Killes. If there is another encounter at that location, it is immediately resolved, possibly initiating another battle. If there are no further encounters there and Dracula is at the same location, the hunter begins a battle with Dracula (See BAttling To Reach Dracula)

Saying that if you do not defeat the Agent you cannot battle Dracula since your turn as ended

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. It has been a over a year since I have read the rules, and I had come under the impression that Dracula was an encounter some time in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marandola
Canada
Mirabel
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.