Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15 minutes ago I had never heard of this game. While looking up some rules questions about my group's last game of Bootleggers, I saw an advertisement for a game called "Timber Tom". Because it is 2:00 in the morning (!!) and I have nothing better to do, I typed in the name, expecting some silly kids game about hugging trees and matching the woodland creatures to their respective homes.

Then I looked at the pictures. WOW......(wipes drool)...

As I considered how tired I will be in church tomorrow (err...today i mean), I had exactly three things on my mind:

1. Lord, please let the game-play not be horrendous (frantically clicked on reviews). Sweet, it's actually good!

2. Lord, let there be a way to buy it without giving up my pancreas. Awesome! $44.95 with free shipping to the U.S?!?!

3. Lord, thank you for letting your simple minded child have this moment of happiness, no matter how pathetic it is.

And the website accepts paypal, so it took me all of 1 minute to order.

I can not wait until tomorrow so I can buy a huge roll of paper towels and a new t-shirt. That way once the game arrives I can change out of these wet clothes and wipe away the drool before playing.

P.S. You are free to bash me for posting a pointless post, because I will be in bed where I am safe from your attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar thing here. Bonus points for the Spirited Away avatar

Love me some soot-ball peoples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you decided to pull the trigger. I hope it meets your expectations. I've been very happy with the game after four plays.

I stumbled on the game via a geeklist, but I'm glad Marco is advertising on BGG. That should get the word out on this beautiful, clever game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomason
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I stumbled across it as well, the first time. I was interested, but didn't follow the link until later, after I'd read a geeklist about over-produced games. I love my copy and wouldn't give it up for anything, and I love supporting a labor-of-love like Timber Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This post was on my front page this morning and I read it and then read a few reviews and looked at the images. So I went to the website and downloaded the rule book and read that and then placed my order also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game arrived today, only 3 days after I placed the order, from all the way across the ocean! Anyone who says looks don't matter has never seen this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
I was the turkey all along!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no! I was also intrigued by the game and mesmerized by the bits so I went to their site and ... "200 first edition games gone -- in 40 days! Preorder now for the 2nd release delivery May 2009."

Lucky you acted when you did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Kehoe
United Kingdom
St Clement
Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my version down today.
WOW.
Found it through the advertising also.
What a beautiful looking game.
I look forward to playing this but do not want to take the bits out of the box as it is so well presented. LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I bought my copy of Timber Tom. I was looking around the website and saw a side advertisment and click on it and next thing you know I bought a copy. Now waiting on the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.