Subject: English translation for cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the English rulebook but was wondering if anyone knows of a site where the card text has been translated?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Shauer
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Mind if I ask where you found the English rulebook? I can do a bit of the translating for the cards, but having an English rulebook on hand would speed the process up quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
http://www.megahobby.jp/qbtd/index/game-info/rule/images/rul...

Here you are!!

But Beware, the english is awfully crappy!!!!

Rules look fun though, currently translating cards!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that is it. Sorry I did not reply sooner. I just wonder how it plays or do you just stare at the cards all day...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
Basically you use any cards from a single character to make your life deck (5 cards in order 1 to 5, 5 being on top and visible) and any cards to do your deck (between 30 and 60, 3x max of the same card) then you put actions into play, according to the ability points you generate (IE: the cost of an action is on the top right hand of the corner and the generated points are in the lower left corner): you add the points of all your actions and life card and you can put into play cards with cost inferior than your total ability points!

Then you tap actions to attack opponent who can defend with his actions (comparing the lower right corner stats on the cards)

You can put copies of the same card in play but they are piled under the previous copy (and so become "stamina", wich have more important role in the first extension)

The goal is to destroy the 5 life cards or surviving until the depletion of the opponent deck

If you have any questions to help me being clearer, don't hesitate, I tried to be as synthetic as I could...

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
Oups, I misread you, sorry, I will put some of the translation in a few days!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Shauer
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Thanks much for the link! I understand the flow of the game now. I have a question about ranges. I'm not sure what kind of limitations they impose upon this game. Are there cards that have specific effects at certain ranges, does this aspect of the game have no purpose as of yet, or did I just glance over it somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
The only logical thing I could think of is that if you attack with a short range attack, you can only block with a short range char card, and the same with long range!

The fact is the english is so awful you can imagine they just skipped some part of their own japanese rule book

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Shauer
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
And now, time for something long-winded. Here are my translations for the Leina and Menace starters. Hopefully they help you guys out.

006 [Leina, Charge]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Leina and move her to CLOSE RANGE.

007 [Leina, Upper Swing]
- Whenever a character GUARDs this card’s attack, ROLL that character.

008 [Leina, Injured Body]
- Whenever you take damage and this card becomes the top card of your LIFE deck, draw
a card.

009 [Leina, Kick]
- Whenever Leina is in CLOSE RANGE, ROLL any character that GUARDs this card’s
attack.

012 [Leina, Backwards Leap]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Leina and move her to LONG RANGE.

015 [Leina, Jump]
- When this card comes into play, you may move Leina to any RANGE.

016 [Leina, Basic Stance]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Leina.

017 [Leina, Take the Rear]
- When this card comes into play, draw a card.

024 [Tomoe, Warrior Kick]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Tomoe.
- Whenever Tomoe is in CLOSE RANGE, ROLL any character that GUARDs this card’s
attack.

034 [Tomoe, Basic Stance]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Tomoe.

098 [Nyx, Red-Hot Fireball]
- This card can only be sent to LONG RANGE.
- When this card comes into play, you may deal 30 damage to a character in your
opponent's AREA.

102 [Nyx, Backwards Leap]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Nyx and move her to LONG RANGE.

185 [Menace, Low-Power]
- When you take damage and this card becomes top card of your LIFE deck,
ACTIVATE Menace.

190 [Menace, Royal Headbutt]
- This card can only be sent to CLOSE RANGE.
- If the character GUARDing this card's attack is discarded, that character
discards 2 LIFE cards and Menace loses 1 STAMINA.

192 [Menace, Cursed Bandages]
- This card can only be sent to CLOSE RANGE.
- Whenever a character blocks this card’s attack, ROLL that character
unless its controller pays 1 STAMINA.

193 [Menace, Injured Body]
- When you take damage and this card becomes the top card of your LIFE deck, draw a
card.

194 [Menace, Charge]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE it and move it to CLOSE RANGE.

196 [Menace, Weapon Pick-Up]
- {2}: Choose and return one card from Menace’s STAMINA to your hand.

201 [Menace, Basic Stance]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE it.

202 [Menace, Take the Rear]
- When this card comes into play, draw a card.

204 [Menace, Jump]
- When this card comes into play, you may move Menace to any RANGE.

210 [Melfa, Charge]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Melfa and move her to CLOSE RANGE.

218 [Melfa, Basic Stance]
- When this card comes into play, ACTIVATE Melfa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
Hi everybody, Just a question, I have nearly translated ALL the cards from the first set but before posting the translation, I have a question and might need your help:

Some cards say "when this card comes into play, activate xXx and move it to xXx range"

The question is, do you activate ALL your cards (wich is really powerful defensively speaking) or do you activate just one?

The fact is you would move ALL your cards or just one, moving all the cards is rather dangerous and seems too powerful imho...

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, thanks for doing all this.

Second, I think you just move the card you activate. But, if you can, give a more detailed example. I have yet to get any cards as I keep losing the ebay bids.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
You can grab some starters for nearly nothing on hobby search (type queens blade in the search bar! (not queen's blade, stupid wapanese))

Starters 900 yens (the two ones)!!

For booster boxes, it's like 28 bucks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Do you mean these two:

Click here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
It can be quite difficult starting to collect these cards. Actually once you find a few good sites to preorder/buy them from it's pretty easy. Hobby Search is an excellent site to buy from, here's antoher one I use as they seem to keep the older items in stock longer.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=2&MacroType=CrdBoo&SeriesID...

Thibault: Thank you for taking on the job of translating the cards, I can't wait to see the completed list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
Yes Michael, I meant those two!

Thanks as well for your support Chad, I had to move in Paris for job-hunting and brought my cards with me to go on translating, as I know nearly nobody in this incredibly fucked up city, normally, I would have soon finished!

I have already translated all the cards (minus the rares I lack) for Reina (defensive), Nix (direct damages), Tomoe (grind like theme), and neearly finished Ymir and Echidna!

A nice point is that a good number of cards are common to all the fighters so translating is not so hard!

The only difficult point reside in some texts referring to activating cards... But I managed (by testing with friends and trying different ways of translating the phrases) to find the proper way!

If you want I can post reina and tomoe for starter or wait for the whole list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
No need to rush in posting the card translations. Also if you post which cards your missing, a friend of mine just got back from japan and brought me the last of the cards to complete my collection including the promo cards. I'll scan them in if you want to translate the entire series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
If you can do that, it would be wonderful!

By the way, was buying the missing cards expensive?

I would like to finish the sets as well but can be pretty difficult...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, for the most part the cards are pretty cheap (Except promo cards) and I was able to make a trade with someone from Japan to complete both of our collections. I'd suggest trading and dependant on what you need I do have a number of duplicate rares.

Give me a list and I'll see what I can do, I think I might even have a few extra promo cards lying around as some I could only get in sets of 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
Well! it would be awesome as well!

In fact, I am trying to finish the sets but I would prefer to buy what the cards I missed... I don't know where to look, I would also trade some of my spares but I do not know which of them I will use in three and the other not for now... so...

But even so, the best part would be some scans of the missing ones to start with! I will make my lis tomorrow morning!

Many Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
One of the only sites I've found that have a decent supply of cards to buy is Japamart. It's a strange site to get used to and depending how the items get combined can be a little pricey on the shipping, but it's pretty easy to find the cards you want there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
Yeah, we can find a whole bunch of cards there!

But It's pretty tricky to use!

However, here is my list of missing ones:

Reina: N° 5
Tomoe: N° 23 and 33
Risty: N° 40
Ymir: N° 58 and 60
Echidna: N° 77

I am also looking for a whole bunch of the second set cards but I have not ordered many boxes yet... So...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well the site is giving me troubles uploading images so I hope this works.
Never mind, it uploaded onto the Queens blade images section.

Whenever you get around to series 2, let me know. I don't mind scanning in other cards for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Contrastin
France
flag msg tools
Many thanks!

Normally, I will post here the 110 translations for the first set today in the afternoon (in france, so in 5 or 6 hours) or, If I have somme difficulties tomorrow morning fist thing!

I have a promo knock down so I will post the translation as well (as all the "knock down" have the same text)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey, having issues posting the translations? Let me know if I can help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm working on translating some of the cards. I'm starting with series 3 so I'm not redoing something thats already being done. I'm having issues trying to figure out the text for the knockdown card. If any of you know japanese, tell me if I've got it right.

Original: ダメージを受けて、このカードがー番上にきたとき、 このターンの終了時まで手札を相手にすベて見せる。

What I get from it: When damaged, your opponent must reveal their hand to you.

I'm about half way through the cards right now so don't expect it to be done quickly, probably a few more weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.