Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe I played this wrong but I tried to play one 3 player solitaire just to get the rules down.

It occured to be that you could get the 3 goods you need for the first turn in and have no money left. Then you go to the fetish dealer, trade them in for a fetish and you're stuck. You have no money, so you have no way of purchasing any more items. Is this correct and you just have to be careful not to do this? Or am I wrong? I am also going on the assumption that when you trade in goods for a fetish, you do not receive money. (Is that also correct?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kara and I tried this game as well. The same situation came up. I couldn't find anything in the rules. So, it seems you should be careful not give away your last good (for a fetish) unless you have the cash to get more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
So the doctor said "Don't do that."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, look like I was playing right. Just gotta be careful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in the basic set (recommended set up) there is a shop that offers you always the cheapest good according the the chart.
So even if you have no money and nothing to sell you can get this good offered by this shop. So no dead end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Very, VERY important rule that I also forgot while playing a 5-p-solo. If you buy goods from a trader, the purchase price is always one step down from the list price PER ITEM on the trader's shop. So if the list price of fish is 50, and there are 3 fish on the trader, you purchase them for for 20 Florin each, so 60 in total!

But otherwise - yes, you can kick yourself out of the game by trading in all your tokens at the Fetish Exchange booth, when having no money!

To clarify what goodsound wrote:
Shop No. 11 is the only shop that will help you out here. If he is in the game, his Special Action will give you the at this moment cheapest good for free! If not, you can actually dead-end yourself.

I would also say that if you ever drop below 40,- Florin, chances are high that you will not get back into the action easily, if ever...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.