Subject: supply, control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another supply question. At the start of the campaign game, there are a couple of Red armies in Kuban with supply problems. I assume all spaces in Kuban are White controlled at game start which means the Red armies can't trace thru them - correct?

What about tracing thru neutral spaces like in Astrakhan? That appears to be illegal, too. And a neutral White supply source (like Astrakhan itself) presumably doesn't count for supply for White?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neutral is neutral - neither side may trace thru. The 2 RED armies in the south are in supply at start of game, but, almost always, 1 WHITE move is to cut them out of supply on the first impulse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Dr wrote:
The 2 RED armies in the south are in supply at start of game, but, almost always, 1 WHITE move is to cut them out of supply on the first impulse.

So they can trace thru WHITE controlled but unoccupied spaces (specifically, Togovaya (318) in WHITE home region Kuban) to a RED supply source? 13.1 says they can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless indicated, all forces start the campaign game in supply.

So, yes, RED controlls 318 at the start of the scenario. Same with 327 in Kuban for example, since that space can only be controlled by RED (given the placement of supplied Trotsky and gang). I could have placed little controll flags on the map for the campaign setup, but didn't want to add more clutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.