Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A local store that carries a large Games Workshop inventory is closing out their merchandise, and selling for 25% off list. I know there's supposed to be (another) price increase soon, so I'm wondering if stashing some of the sets back at 25% off is a good investment. Is that a horrible idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff wrote:
A local store that carries a large Games Workshop inventory is closing out their merchandise, and selling for 25% off list. I know there's supposed to be (another) price increase soon, so I'm wondering if stashing some of the sets back at 25% off is a good investment. Is that a horrible idea?

I don't quite understand what you mean by "investment." I mean, if you're just looking to resell, I don't know that you'll be able to sell them online for a higher price, as many of the e-tailers sell at about 20-25% off (at least on ebay).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sean, that's what I meant. I thought GW didn't allow discounts on their products?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't allow you to discount their new product. What a lot of places do is open the box and sell the contents without the packaging, thus making it a "used" product.

Maybe a bit dishonest, but that's how a lot of them work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
20-25% off isn't that good for GW stuff. People looking for bargains will buy things on ebay, where 50% off or more is the norm. If they had any rare minis that are hard to find priced at 25% off, that might be a good find, but the time it would take you to educate yourself on the game enough to be able to spot the deals probably isn't worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.