Subject: Short session report scenario 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Stenbeck
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we played the 4th scenario ”Closed for renovation”. In this scenario the Germans are trying to defend a chateau in Belgium from an assaulting American elite force. I played the American and I had a great time.

The battle started somewhat strange with three time!!! events happened very quickly in the first rounds of the game. This meant that the American almost from start had the reinforcing engineers with the flamethrowers.

The Americans then laid a smokescreen which was meant to hit the courtyard but hit the chateau almost dead on, which turned out to be just as good. The Americans used the smokescreen to advance almost straight on with one small force taking each flank.

One funny thing that happened to the US engineers on the left flank [1 on the map] was that the engineers manage to close in on the German holding the smaller house outside the courtyard, only to have his flamethrower break as he tried to lit up the house. It is exactly these kind of things that makes me love CC:e, the fact that it is highly unpredictable and you have to be prepared for the unexpected.

The real heroes was the Us troops on the right flank [3 on the map] who manage to storm the chateau after taking out the heavy machinegun that guarded that part of the building. Once inside a “Breath event” occurred and all smoke disappeared and the Germans now had to face not only the flamethrower inside the house but massive fire from the outside. [2 on the map] The Germans had build up some causalities and it stood painfully clear that this battle was lost and they surrendered without further bloodshed.

I had a great time and so did the German player even though this battle was a massive victory for the Us troops. We did not have time to switch side but will do that the next time we play. I’m looking forward to get a change to play the other side hopefully soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the write-up. This scenario is the next one on my list to try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool scenario! Have to try it! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.