Okko: Era of the Asagiri» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on shooter skills. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the bow Shooter allowed to use both the skills (normal shot and aimed shot) in the same round, given that he has the corresponding inspiration dice?

We had a situation where the Shooter stood right behind an enemy with the back towards the Shooter, fired two shots (normala & aimed) in the back (without hitting!!!) and then attacked with a +1 attack.

We assumed that this is allowed, but the Shooter must then be considered more powerful than the Arquebus, since that character can only fire once and becomes shaken after the shot. They both costs two zeni each (I know that the arquebus also is Fearsome, but you do not plan to get into close combat with these guys anyway). Given that a Shooter can fire twice if he gets the dice each round (and targets) and an Arquebus only every second round at best considering Willpower checks, my choice for ballistic support is easy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouchain Laurent
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
in the rules, shooting is an action. So, you are just allowed to shot one time !
attack is an action too.

In this case, you must choose between : shoot or attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
blush Yeah, the rules - should have looked there first...
I blame the saké that accompanied the test session - My Archer/shooter actually downed Okko, a Ninja Apprentice, a Shooter and the ratmonkey Nezumi due to this slight misunderstanding of skills and actions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouchain Laurent
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
laughlaugh

yes sake.... i know... i had the same problem with the sake when i wrote the rules laughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.