Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sadly, I really don't know what a lot of you freaks look like. Oh I've seen plenty of images of Chapel and his little Yuppie universe. Even a few of Marshall, Koldie and those who have enough self-confidence to upload an image to their gallery. I'd rate Scrib and Chapel as the only two folks on my Geek Buddy list who have more self-confidence than me in that regard.

Mostly though, what you people actually look like is a mystery that can often be surprising when one discovers their mental stereotype was dead wrong. Well, with a few exceptions like David DJ who looks exactly like he comes across. I won't comment any further on that, I don't want to be suspended from posting.

Which leaves us with supplanting a stereotypical image (archetype?) of the classic effete liberal versus the classic redneck cracker when we slam the living shit out of each other. With that in mind I decided we ought to bust the stereotypes and come together in an orgasmic fit of kumbaya fellowship... break free from the chains of categorizing people with differing viewpoints in a demeaning fashion.

So... here is the stereotype of the classic effete liberal poster on RSP:

Works for me. Especially the purse. But I believe that image does not accurately reflect what most of you probably look like. Instead I found an image of the liberal effete that in my mind is more representative of reality:

Considering that the bulk of you secretive types are IT nerds, squints, code monkeys and cubicle prisoners, the image above will have the positive effect of making me feel much more compassion for why you are so bitter.

So how about us conservative heroes? In the liberal RSP mind I'm certain the imagery is not kind. In fact, it's probably very unkind... you probably see the standard conservative RSP poster like this:

So long as you hold that image in mind while ranting about how immoral and ignorant all conservatives are you won't even feel a twinge of guilt for your transgressions. A hick and a pick-up are as good a target as a pink shirt and a purse. Right?

But in reality, the image that I think is more reflective of the reality of the conservative RSP participant is one like this:

So long as you hold the image above in mind while spewing forth your slobbery drivel about how dumb conservatives are... and maybe imagine for a moment actually saying that stuff out loud to the guy above... you may find yourself just a little more forgiving of opposing viewpoints. Not to mention, a little less likely to end up in the hospital with half a dozen compound fractures.

Now I don't want to start an image-posting war here in RSP... snicker... but I thought it might be important to at least acknowledge that we are are real people, with real feelings and that even those of us who are ultimately right about everything can be hurt by unkind words.

So remember, Liberal = bad teeth and a Goober-like appearance. Conservative = cool dude that gets all the chicks.

Sorry for the interruption... please continue with the daily BS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but that... was... awesome!

(for those of you not between 25 and 35 years old, that's a Tommy Boy quote)

For the record, this is me:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Riordan
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:

If by awesome, you mean ridiculous.

I have heard of Straw Man arguing before. But this is the first time someone has put forth Straw Men for both sides of something. Then followed by giving them nothing to say.

I think this is because the poster just likes to look at them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can mostly make out my sexy mug. I'd be in more images that I post, except I don't really post many images, and I'm usually behind the camera. Also, I'm scared that DW will make fun of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trippy you are a sick sick puppy sometimes. I need to go scrub my brain to remove some of those images. *shudder*

So while I hate Hate HATE pictures... I must now banish those images from everybody's mind in regards to me. Thus...

Meerkat

Neither liberal nor conservative but lots of fun at a Renaissance Faire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I look like my avatar. More or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CRasterImage wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

If by ridiculous you mean ridiculously awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cowboy would look right at home in a gay bar.

The guy with pick-up looks like some of my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unbeliever:

Conservative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mistermarino wrote:
I look like my avatar. More or less.

Which side of the more or less are you on? Great hair, soft plump lips or the eyes that say 'Ravish me Trippy... I've never been with a man like you before!!!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Fess up, Tripp.

The dude leaning on the pickup is you 30 years ago, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
CRasterImage wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

If by ridiculous you mean ridiculously awesome.

If by ridiculously awesome, you mean fucking brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah Trippy. There are tons of pics of me on the geek and a few on face book. You know how devilishly handsome I am

BTW have I ever told you guys my Robert Redford story?

We were skiing at Sundance back, oh 15 years ago or so I'd guess now. It happened to be a day that he was there, so we skied with him the whole day. We watched him from the chair lifts etc.

Anyhoo, we went into the lodge and bought his book (which is very cool) The Outlaw Trail

anyhoo, so we are sitting there eating (my mum, dad and I) and in walks Mr. Redford and entourage. We were leaving so my mom and I went up and asked if he'd autograph his book. He did so, but was clearly very annoyed. It was too bad. I understand his privacy but he was in a public place, and hell, we had just spent hundreds of dollars of lift tickets, food, and his book. But, it was worth it, the book really is very cool.
Cheers,
Van
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Shaves his chest^^^^

...anyhow, DW... I kinda wish you were nearby so we could throw down some time and dispel your tough guy stereotype. I'd kick your ass into submission in less than a minute, I am sure of it... but I'd feel bad afterward. I never hit an old man before. ...and then again, I am not a "liberal", so no need to defend them. But the whole cowboy thing is silly. I spent my time in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Texas, etc... all the dudes I saw dressed like him (all pressed and neat with goofy rings and exposed shaved chest) were standing around outside bars... bars that I had no interest in going to because there were no women at them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a black friend?! Definitely a liberal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
...anyhow, DW... I kinda wish you were nearby so we could throw down some time and dispel your tough guy stereotype.

Typical fucking liberal... always bringing a knife to a gun fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Being a true liberal-type, here I am with my friends:

A black guy!

A Jew!

A chick!

A gay!

A she-gay!

And a token white guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey you do look just like your avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

This... is a great picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what was that about a gun fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... the question is: Does DW shave his chest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:

Wow she has nice eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:

Like you I was in the army... I fired expert every time I went to the range... on the 16, M-60 and my 45. If DW wants, I'll take him on at 300 meters and I'll even let hm use a scope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

Like you I was in the army... I fired expert every time I went to the range... on the 16, M-60 and my 45. If DW wants, I'll take him on at 300 meters and I'll even let hm use a scope.

It's gettin' cowboy in here!

Does anyone else find it hilarious that we're talking about kicking each others' asses and shooting each other on a board game internet site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.