Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opportunity to buy Stone Age about a week ago. My friend introduced me to it, and the very next day I had to find it at my local gaming store. This is a light strategy game in my opinion, but it plays relativly fast and tons of fun. It will play very well with two players, but more strategy is needed when playing with 3-4 players, which boosts playability.

If you really like a worker placement type game like Carcassonne, and enjoy the strategic Element of Agricola, then I suggest that you buy this game immediately. You will not be sorry. The game focuses around collecting resources and food to pay for short term and long term rewards that end up with victory points. Other elements of the game let you add tools to your inventory which help you when collecting resources. Collecting resources starts with laying your meeples on various locations around the board. When it is your turn to collect those resourses, a dice roll determines how much you get. This is where the tools come into play. For every tool you own it adds +1 to your overall dice count. So as you can see the tools can be very important to own, but it is not neccessarily the most important either. It all depends on your strategy. Now I know your thinking DICE, DICE!!! I don't want to play Yahtzee for crying out loud. I am looking for a gaming experience that cuts out the luck factor. Which in part I do believe that dice do add somewhat a luck factor to the game it is so minor and natural that you will overlook this occurance. It's actually really fun to roll for your resources and start building tools to really stock up to earn other rewards within the game....

You also have the opportunity to make a bigger workforce by leaving two of your meeples (they actually look like meeples with afro's though ) in a hut (loveshack) and the end of the turn you have another afro guy to do your bidding. I have spent a few nights now perfecting my game play and trying various strategies. All in all being flexible is the name of the game and it could spell big VP's for those who can be.

You see not only do you think in short term vp's but also long term. There is a system of civilization cards that you collect some give you music, culture, art.etc to your side that they can spell big points at the end of the game. There also give you immediate rewards like resources, farms, and food. Another type of civilization cards that you collect give you more points based on how many tools, huts or meeples you collect and reward accordingly. The possibilities are endless.

As a newer gamer myself I would rate this game an 8/10. Simply because it is a really fast moving light strategy game. It plays surpisingly well with 2 players. There is a grunt factor to the game that if anyone who has played this game can tell that anyone that has a silly side to them will not have any trouble displaying them. This probably isn't the best review on this game but hey, I tried. Later cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I respectfully disagree:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Walsh
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha Ha Ha !!

Willlmmmmmaaaaa !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.