Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sheldon White
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ran across a disputed interpretation the other night. The rally response card cancels disrupt results. Is this for the entire battle or results inflicted up to the point the card is played?

Cheers

Sheldon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ettel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you are referring to card 48 (Rally!). It doesn't say "up to this point in the battle" so I would take it to mean the entire battle - which is how I and my partner play it. The cards usually say what they mean -- try not to put too much interpretation on them (although that's not always possible). Good luck with the game, its very much worth it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I don't think the card will eliminate future results.

For example, after a round of battle, you're losing. You play Rally! and the battle turns into a tie. Second round of battle.

The previously played Rally! card won't affect any disrupts in the second round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only up to the point the card is played. For this reason, the Rally! event should be held until the very last moment of a battle.

-Donald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only lingering battle effect of Rally! is that subsequent play of Panic or Sauve qui peut events is ineffective.

-Donald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ettel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I still think a strict interpretation is best. This is from Fred Schachter (the developer) from Sept 16, 2008 on ConsimWorld:

"Card 48 "Rally" should be strictly interpreted.

"Current Battle" means just that.. so if a third Battle Round results from play of Card 11, "Another Day of Battle", the "Rally" card's negating of die roll results of 5 applies to it.

I've seen a WELLINGTON player reveal "Rally" BEFORE any dice are rolled for a particularly critical battle just to enjoy the expression on their opponent's face, an opponent who now knows only his "6" die rolls will do anything. Not that I recommend that... "Rally" is a Response card best played AFTER the dice are rolled when it can reverse a battle result to your favor... at least in my opinion. "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.