Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
While I apologize for accusing YOU of being that "sock puppet" if you weren't ANY, yet you neglected to "fill in" your 'profile' here with ANYTHING pertinent regarding these proceedings. We're as "O'Leary" as some old woman's 'cow' about newcomers without the '411' upon themselves that indicates they'll be remaining HERE as viable adherents about BGG. Any further "misunderstandings" are understandable then and ONLY 'time' shall TELL if you accomplish what you set OUT for yourself with this eh? I've got NO 'agenda' beyond JUST being 'moi'!
K? thx! 'buy'!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamesarefun wrote:
hers one I do know, again from teenagers that text, WTF?

Thank you for my best laugh of the week so far!

BTW ("by the way", but then you probably knew that one already too), Robert is a great guy, with a good nose for poetry.

Eurosnob: People who enjoy primarily German-style games, with easy to learn rules, fast playing time, low to no direct player conflict, non-war themes dominate, multiple paths to victory, and so forth. Wooden cubes are popular bits. They generally refer to themselves as Eurogamers, and only Ameritrashers call them Eurosnobs.

Ameritrashers: People who enjoy games in the style of Axis & Allies, Arkham Horror, Fortress America, Fury of Dracula, Twilight Imperium, and other such games that generally have a war, battle, or adventure theme, and where game play is closely tied to the theme of the game, while the rules remain relatively straightforward (as opposed to wargames, for example). These games tend to take awhile to play and often support multiple players. Plastic bits dominate.

Many people like both types of games, but many others tend to one camp or the other. Much energy has been devoted on this site to debating the pros and cons of each style of game and their fans, though the Euro-Ameritrash Wars are mostly over these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"I have YET begun to 'fight' the "EUROS-*snobs*-`snubs'-Ameritrash Battle!}b"
let NOBODY come BACH "alive" if NOT r{'Victorious'!

sauron ~"Nappy-headed-ye-Oldie-'one'!
robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be what you're looking for: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/glossary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boggs
Australia
Midland
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
"I have YET begun to 'fight' the "EUROS-*snobs*-`snubs'-Ameritrash Battle!}b"
let NOBODY come BACH "alive" if NOT r{'Victorious'!

sauron ~"Nappy-headed-ye-Oldie-'one'!
robot

I want whatever GROGnads is smoking/drinking/injecting/sniffing/chewing. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my two cents...or geek gold...

BGG is just like any other online forum. You are best served by watching for awhile before diving into the conversations. Read the forums, get a feel for the various issues, and avoid forming any immediate opinions. You get to know the personalities, learn to translate Grog's unique prose, and learn the lingo. You will also become aware that there are certain hotbutton topics that seem fairly innocent at first, but will unexpectedly stir up a hornet's nest of opinion when offered up. A while back if you used the term Ameritrash/Eurosnob on here you would have seen an immediate and very emotional reaction from many users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
We're MOSTLY concerned about "Games" on here, mostly... goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
goo
= eye of Newt, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamesarefun wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
While I apologize for accusing YOU of being that "sock puppet" if you weren't ANY, yet you neglected to "fill in" your 'profile' here with ANYTHING pertinent regarding these proceedings. We're as "O'Leary" as some old woman's 'cow' about newcomers without the '411' upon themselves that indicates they'll be remaining HERE as viable adherents about BGG. Any further "misunderstandings" are understandable then and ONLY 'time' shall TELL if you accomplish what you set OUT for yourself with this eh? I've got NO 'agenda' beyond JUST being 'moi'!
K? thx! 'buy'!
cool

well Uhh I get some of that. So uhh, wow. I really don't know how to do it yet. I was really enthused about discussion on the forum and overlooked it. I am sure I can read the FAQ and do it. But as I am recently a victim of ID fraud, I wont be really generous with the details for awhile. But I can tell I do like boardgames

You don't have to give any personal information, but go ahead and rate a few games and leave some comments, it will not only give people an idea about how you think, but it will add to the great plethora of helpful comments about games. Welcome to the site and don't mind Grognads, he is a true treasure to this site, while hard to understand, if you read his posts and really try you will understand the brilliance of them, they just take some getting used to is all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Varela
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamesarefun wrote:
I thought the forum would be the place to talk about what you think.

Naaahhh... the forum is the place to be insulted. Noone really cares about what you think arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
wargamesarefun wrote:
I tired to figure out that game rating thing it didn't work. I thought the forum would be the place to talk about what you think.
That is with 1 to 10 to where their 'descriptor' denotes that NOBODY ought to have "1"s and even the lower 'ratings' clearly aren't "worthy" of bothering WITH, so WHY retain such? SOME of "us" look at this with just the "numbers" as 'indicators', while you can also read over their 'commentary' to gauge what theirs ought to "mean". There are even a few MORE 'despicable'}b than 'moi' folk who r{'shrilly shill' for their OWN to skew this, or "offensively" to bring yet another's DOWN by this 'mechanism'! the VERY "nerve" for SOME people eh? There are plenty and too many that vehemently OPPOSE yet someone else's kinds or the 'genre' for such, and just ONE of these is "too bad". Either learn to TOLERATE, or else SEGREGATE, and that means with ONLY having the people that wish to "constructively contribute" to something being around. The ones that "instigated" some concocted 'umbrage' of which proceeds to DERAIL anything ought to take it UP on their very OWN 'thread' and allow the 1st 'one' to continue along its "discourse". They've done it in the PAST for these occasions and it should be still available as the "viable" FINALE SOLUTION on resolving some matter amicably, if they even deign to DEEM it as such, correct?
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.