Subject: Tanga for sale. Includes free shipping :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a site that buys and sells board games.

http://www.tanga.com/forum/blogs/1859-Tanga_Is_Up_For_Sale_I..._

It doesn't look like they'll take GG nor put it as a Bottom Feeder contest either.

Price is negotiable and they offer seller financing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
old news (was already posted in the buying/selling forum where this belongs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New User
United States
New York
flag msg tools
JeffyJeff wrote:

Because JeffyJeff is the policemen of Hot Deals and nothing can be posted without his permission (and comments on why posted deals aren't good enough). Can't you just leave everyone else alone?? You don't own this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I knew of it. I wonder how many other people were like myself and stopped bothering much with Tanga when they went to 24/7 tangathon so it was nearly impossible to tell anyone about a deal before it was gone. I suggested to them a number of times both here and in thier forums that if they were going to do 24/7 tanga stuff they should also do daily deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
2newuser2 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Because JeffyJeff is the policemen of Hot Deals and nothing can be posted without his permission (and comments on why posted deals aren't good enough). Can't you just leave everyone else alone?? You don't own this forum.

Did you seriously make this username just to post this reply to JeffyjJeff?

You are either:

A. Someone who already has an account but for whatever reason (courage?) didn't want to post with it so you made a dummy account.

or

B. A completely new user who was finally motivated into posting at 2:30 in the morning and chose the moniker "2newuser2" due to a bout of unoriginality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
2newuser2 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

You are either:

A. Someone who already has an account but for whatever reason (courage?) didn't want to post with it so you made a dummy account.

or

B. A completely new user who was finally motivated into posting at 2:30 in the morning and chose the moniker "2newuser2" due to a bout of unoriginality.

I guess answer choice A - Am I right? Am I right? Pretty lame if you ask me. I have no problem with this info being posted but this news is certainly not a hot deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kiser
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jeff gets a free pass to do anything on BGG because of the OLWLG. I am not being sarcastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
2newuser2 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

You are either:

or

Although I would agree that there is no need to create an account just to voice your opinion being afraid of what someone might think, I do think that '2newuser2' is spot on. I'm not making a direct criticism of JeffyJeff but I see this very often in this forum, where someone complains that an item has been posted before. Sure it's been posted before, but maybe a day or two before. These posts are usually not posted for long on the main page and unless a user is on BGG 24/7 they can be easily missed. People are generally just trying to alert others as to what they think is a hot deal. If you know this has already been posted, can't you just pass it by without making some spiteful remark? I realize the spite probably wasn't intentional but some people are more sensitive in this area than others and so why not just leave it alone? In my opinion this is a big problem with the "internet" society where anonymous comments can be made without too many repercussions.

Basically, we are a community here and are just trying to help each other out. Just wanted to put my two worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
Wow, this is a great thread.

Wait, don't tell me: this is more of that BGG "community" in action, right? I hear a lot about how "BGG is a community."

My cul-de-sac is a community too.

I have one old guy next door who ogles my 21 year old fiancé whenever she goes out to get the mail. Another one constantly blows the leaves from his yard into mine.

Just because it is a community doesn’t make it Happy Sunshine Fun Town.

Quote:
Jeff gets a free pass to do anything on BGG because of the OLWLG. I am not being sarcastic.

Oh, and no matter what you contribute to BGG, nothing should give you a free pass to be a jerk. I’m not judging what was posted earlier in this thread, I just don’t agree with your blanket statement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:
2newuser2 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

You are either:

or

Although I would agree that there is no need to create an account just to voice your opinion being afraid of what someone might think, I do think that '2newuser2' is spot on. I'm not making a direct criticism of JeffyJeff but I see this very often in this forum, where someone complains that an item has been posted before. Sure it's been posted before, but maybe a day or two before. These posts are usually not posted for long on the main page and unless a user is on BGG 24/7 they can be easily missed. People are generally just trying to alert others as to what they think is a hot deal. If you know this has already been posted, can't you just pass it by without making some spiteful remark? I realize the spite probably wasn't intentional but some people are more sensitive in this area than others and so why not just leave it alone? In my opinion this is a big problem with the "internet" society where anonymous comments can be made without too many repercussions.

Basically, we are a community here and are just trying to help each other out. Just wanted to put my two worth.

Yeah, I personally don't mind the occasional duplicate postings. I got one of my favorite games for $10 b/c someone posted a hot deal - and in the same thread that gave me this information, someone else was complaining that it was "old news" b/c it had been posted a couple months earlier or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

Yeah, I personally don't mind the occasional duplicate postings. I got one of my favorite games for $10 b/c someone posted a hot deal - and in the same thread that gave me this information, someone else was complaining that it was "old news" b/c it had been posted a couple months earlier or something like that.

I agree. duplicate posts are not out of control here. And if the subject line is very clear, then you can just scroll on past.

Altho some people prefer drama, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
jammasterjake wrote:

Then what did MrSkeletor do for BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
jammasterjake wrote:

Made one hell of a kickass Runebound solo variant for one. But he shouldn't get a free ride either, and doesn't for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McDonough
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to say that nothing can be posted if it has already been posted before or that one should not be repetitive than you could easily negate ,I think, around 62% of the Geek lists that are posted since many of them are variations on a similar theme. (Games that are good for two players, Games I play with my spouse, Games that are collecting dust in my closet, My list for top ten games of the year, best card games, best euro games, etc. etc.) Someone who posts in the hot deals or any section is just trying to contribute to the community. Are people being annoyed since the poster did not do the Research? There are many instances of people repeating themselves here. How many reviews of games are saying the same thing?In my opinion if someone is posting something they are usually adding a contribution and shouldn't be chastised for it unless there is obvious malicious intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Verkisto wrote:
jammasterjake wrote:

I dunno...I find a lot of his posts funny, so I'd say his sense of humor and the balls to speak his mind are worth it to me.

I don't agree with every opinion he's ever had and posted, but his honesty is refreshing in such a sterile environment and I don't waste my time trying to impose my morals upon others. I let them do their thing and if ANY particular person anywhere isn't worth MY attention by MY standards, I just ignore them.

Hey...you asked and I gave an answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
hskrfn822 wrote:

True. But my question was 95% in jest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Verkisto wrote:
hskrfn822 wrote:

True. But my question was 95% in jest.

Tough to tell what's sarcasm and what's not when it's typed out online. Usually I can pick up on that kind of stuff, but there's been a ton of people getting upset at the smallest thing, making a mountain out of a molehill and typing all sorts of irrational stuff.

Forgive my naivete regarding your opinion of Frank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
mb
hskrfn822 wrote:
Forgive my naivete regarding your opinion of Frank.

No forgiveness is necessary. He does get on my nerves sometimes, but I can't deny that he has informed opinions. And I guess it was more smartassery than sarcasm above.

Jeff gets on my nerves, too, but I think he knows that by now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.