Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian and I started off with this old Kramer design. Admittedly, not the best game for only two players, but I think Brian is trying to get some new gaming ideas for a deductive game in the future. After explaining the rules, we started rolling the die and moving the spies around. For those who haven’t played before, the game has 7 “spies”, and each player is secretly one of the
spies. On your turn, you roll the dice and then move any spies you want around the board. The spaces on the board are basically worth 1-10 points each and a –3 spot. On one of these spaces is the secret briefcase. Scoring is triggered anytime any one of the seven spies lands on the briefcase. When this happens, each spy scores the points which correspond to the number of the space that the
spy is currently on. After the scoring, the player who triggered the scoring then moves the briefcase to any currently empty space on the board. Rinse, lather, and repeat until someone scores 42 points (or some obscure total as such – it’s bascially once around the scoreboard which encircles the board). I don’t think we were really warmed up for gaming yet, as we pretty much knew who
each other was by the middle point of the game based on how we were scoring the spies. Either we’re extremely deductive or we’re to cut-throat and got too much enjoyment out of screwing the other guy out of points. With two, it would likely be better if each player had 2 spies (and thus 3 neutrals) and the winner would be the one with the most points total. A quick play nonetheless clocking in under 20 minutes. Rated 5/10 with rules as played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.