Subject: Play with more than six? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anything (apart from lack of material) prevent this game from being played with seven or eight or nine? If we could make a gun and set of cards for another player, would it work fine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad News [bnw] wrote:
Does anything (apart from lack of material) prevent this game from being played with seven or eight or nine? If we could make a gun and set of cards for another player, would it work fine?

It should work. You might also enjoy this for large groups = Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with 7 and it works just fine. With more than that, you may want to add more money to the game (5 bills won't divide very well among that many people).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the Ca$h 'n Gun$: Yakuzas expansion. It adds three additional players, with new abilities and mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Get the Ca$h 'n Gun$: Yakuzas expansion. It adds three additional players, with new abilities and mechanics.

I've looked at that, but it seems to change the game a bit too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad News [bnw] wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:

I've looked at that, but it seems to change the game a bit too much.

I agree that the mechanics are different, it's open to debate whether or not you like the changes better than the original.

There are rules for playing with 2 of the original sets if you have 9 or more players (http://www.rprod.be/public/downloads/gunsfather_eng.pdf), so it may be worth getting another set for your 7th player knowing you can use more with even more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man Unmasked
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
www.inkshares.com/books/the-professional-corpse
badge
My Prepping to Publish Happy Dance
mbmbmbmbmb
We played eight in an impromptu game. Finger pistols and poker cards. Five number cards for the clicks, two face cards for the bangs and the ace for the bang bang bang. The game played just fine. Of course, for a better experience, get a second set so you have more guns and more money. They're right. Eight does not split well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Smith
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that most people think more money is the key to playing with larger groups, but I wonder if anyone has considered more bullets!?

If I were to get a second set, I would seriously consider unique art to allow the females in our group to take a gender matching stand-up; which leads me to printing new Bang & B-B-Bang Cards. While I'm at that, I could simply print one additional bang card for each existing character; making for a deadlier game and hopefully fewer people each round to split.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.