Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: fud [+] [View All]
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game a few weeks ago and am already hooked. The main post on BGG lists other play modes like "Dungeon Exploration" and "Onyxia Raid". Yet I haven't been able to find anything about these or other modes. Am I missing something? Or are these modes something that will be released in future expansions?

Thanks,
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle T
United States
Baton Rouge
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Supposedly future expansions. I hope these dungeon scenarios do come out... I find the game lacking without PVE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think it inappropriate that the main listing speaks as though these features are already available. It's potentially misleading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Inskeep
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're saying that UDE has cancelled the Warcraft TCG? That's a bummer - I hadn't heard that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Two days ago UDE won the CA court case for YuGiOh. This is huge for them. WHere they may have been rapidly pulling back, a great weight has been lifted from their shoulders.

VS was extremely successful for FORTY releases. That's pretty long lived by any standards.

UDE, like every company out there, is restructuring.

There's no reason right now to think that the WoW minis line will not deliver some version of the automated dungeon and raid systems.

I wouldn't count them out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Inskeep
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh. You're guessing. I get it. The way you wrote it, I thought you might have some insight or insider news that wasn't on the website.

I'm sure that, given the worldwide economy, a lot of the luxury items people buy are going to take a hit. But there's no way to know which products will survive and which will be discontinued, is there? For instance, I would have thought that Starbucks was performing strongly, given that a lot of people I know treat their coffee as a necessity, and not a luxury. But here I find out today that Starbucks is letting people go. I guess we'll just have to vote with our dollars, and see how things settle out, won't we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon rules (PvE) have now been posted here:
http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wowminis/en/news/default....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Inskeep
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You beat me to it, Paul! I'm going to try them solo this weekend, if there's time. I wish I had an indoor-looking map, though. I have some spare Mage Knight Dungeons treasure chests to throw out there, so that should help set the tone. I'm told that equipment cards will be part of the next expansion; those will be great for random treasure draws, I figure. Yee-haw!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Inskeep
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, just...wow. I don't know what to say to that, Adam. Normally, I wouldn't even bother responding. But your consistently negative remarks are really starting to get me down. What I like best about BGG is reading the posts of people who share my interests and enthusiasm for gaming. You really seem unenthusiastic about WoW minis. Heck, you seem downright hostile. You seem like you hate the game and regret buying it. Maybe I'm wrong.

What a horrible attitude. Just awful. Here I was treating that article as a fun, free, optional, additional way to use the game and minis I already own. Did I mention free? I guess I should have seen the article for what it really is - a knife in the back of me, the loyal customer. A betrayal of all that was promised, and all that I have come to assume was my right, as a buyer of some WoW minis boosters and a Deluxe Starter. Wow. Thanks for showing me the light.

Now, I'm anticipating that your response will contain a lot of capital letters and exclamation points. I can speak for myself when I say that I have probably read it all before in your previous posts. But blast away, man. By all means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Inskeep
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sure I can, Adam. As I said before, blast away. I think your opinions are a trifle immature, and that your ire against UDE has a hair-trigger. I'm not sure how long the game has been out in your part of the world, but here in the U.S., it has only been out since mid-November. I don't think you gave the company a chance to develop the game before you started complaining. That's my opinion.

Maybe UDE's original plans for the game will change. Maybe they already have. No battle plan survives contact with the enemy, and no business plan survives contact with the real world. I like the game as it exists right now, and I'm happy with it. I'd like to see an expansion, and dungeons, and raids. But I'm not going to let the fact that I don't have those things right now interfere with my enjoyment of the game - right now.

You really seem to want to be unhappy about the game, and yes, that is your right. Blast away. But that doesn't mean I have to listen to your constant complaining and doomsaying. It adds nothing to my enjoyment of the game. And so, while you express your opinions and predictions in what I perceive to be an overly negative tone (which I can only imagine must somehow be therapeutic for you), I will exercise my scroll bar, and zip right past your "contributions" to the discussion, and look for other people with a more positive, less cynical outlook on the game, and on life in general.

So blast away, Adam. You have every right to do so, and it is probably cheaper than retaining a therapist in the long run. But your right to rant does not supercede my right to disagree, or my right to ignore you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I certainly hope that there's much more to the dungeoncrawling aspects of this game than those puny rule changes are offering :S More of a game variant than anything else, like Adam says.

I wanna see a real expansion for this :/ Fingers crossed that they've got something bigger planned for the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Years ago I designed a series of dungeon tiles that I used with the old Heroquest game. I am currently in the process of rescaling and redesigning them for use with WOW. I revamped several tiles last night (two temple rooms, a corridor section, a burial chamber, and a shaman's lair), and they came out okay. I am using 2" squares instead of hexes (hexes just don't work well in a dungeon setting). Each room is a full page, and is 4 squares by 5 squares. I hope to play around this week and figure out how the rules would change in a dungeon setting. After the tiles, the next step will be encounter cards. And then event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Does anyone have a copy of the Dungeon rules (PvE) for Onyxia? Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefamo de Gemmis
Italy
Salerno
flag msg tools
I would love to have them too, cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.