Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea.

You missed one conversion from "math trade" to "geeklist auction" in the copy-paste. 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: "Everyone else who simply wants to be notified of new math trades..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
walkie wrote:
Great idea.

You missed one conversion from "math trade" to "geeklist auction" in the copy-paste. 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: "Everyone else who simply wants to be notified of new math trades..."

Opps. blush

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g s
United States
Moab
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'm a little confused. I've read that these auctions should not go in the regular Geeklists. Where do auction geeklists belong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gesa wrote:
I'm a little confused. I've read that these auctions should not go in the regular Geeklists. Where do auction geeklists belong?

If you check the box that says it is a "trade" geeklist in the header, then that should be fine. That's what an admin told me to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g s
United States
Moab
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
gesa wrote:

If you check the box that says it is a "trade" geeklist in the header, then that should be fine. That's what an admin told me to do.

Thanks for the info, Andrew. When I get back from a trip in a couple of weeks, I'm going to put up an auction Geeklist. I need to thin out the collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gesa wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
gesa wrote:

Thanks for the info, Andrew. When I get back from a trip in a couple of weeks, I'm going to put up an auction Geeklist. I need to thin out the collection.

I got rid of 18 games from my last one. Then I listed all the games in the marketplace, and directed my buyers to those games. It was a lot of work. But worth it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a request, that closed auctions edit their title to say "Closed." It's quite annoying to see some auction and not know whether it's open or closed from their title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Here's a request, that closed auctions edit their title to say "Closed." It's quite annoying to see some auction and not know whether it's open or closed from their title.

Good Idea. I'll try to geekmail people to remind them.

I'll also add it to header.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting rid of a large part of my collection for various reasons. I will be putting more games up when this one ends.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/39545

Up in this one.

10 Days in Africa
Acquire
Airwar Pacific + Expansion
Aquadukt
Arkadia
Battleline
Battle of the Bands + Expansion
Blackbeard GMT
Bolide and expansion tracks 1 & 2
Boomtown
Cannes
Commands & Colors Ancients: Expansion 1
The End of Triumvirate
Eurorails
Formidable Foes
Executive Decision

Note: Andrew, can we advertise this anywhere else or is this the only place people can find out about GL auctions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First I suggest you post it in this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/376624

This thread is just the discussion thread.

Also, you should mark in the header "trade geeklist". This keeps all the selling/trading lists away from the other GLs.

There is a front page module that you can view the trade lists.

You could make a post in the Buying and Selling, though I'm not sure if the admins are okay with that.

But besides that, I don't think there is anywhere else you can post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crap I thought this was the other thread you linked too...I wasn't paying attention.

Thanks Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
using a fixed exchange rate is probably the way to go and just allow bidding in Euros
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that there's the subscription thread, is it still okay for me to put in a note that my auction is closing soon in the Buying and Selling forum.

I'd like to do it, because before I put trade lists on my front page, a lot of geeklist auctions slipped me by, unless the seller posted a quick note in the Buying & Selling forum (appears on front page by default). More people know more about it = more people finding something I like, and more $ for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I plan to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get this thread and the auction thread stickied? They're already falling off the first page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Can we get this thread and the auction thread stickied? They're already falling off the first page.

I'll ask an admin about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me like a lot of auctioneers recently are ignoring this subscription thread, probably because they don't know about it. Time for an announcement to let them know about the existence of it?

I actually had some problem finding the subscription thread again, since I had expected it to be in either the Trades forum or Buying & Selling forum, not Hot Deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Seems to me like a lot of auctioneers recently are ignoring this subscription thread, probably because they don't know about it. Time for an announcement to let them know about the existence of it?

I actually had some problem finding the subscription thread again, since I had expected it to be in either the Trades forum or Buying & Selling forum, not Hot Deals.

Most times someone will mention it in the comments of the auction. - like you
But I don't see any way to make a broader announcement - perhaps a forum post with "things not to forget" - like this thread, the MT thread, the contest thread, the giveaway GL, etc.

And I have no idea why it's in Hot deals - should be buying and selling. Asked an admin to move it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
gesa wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
gesa wrote:

I got rid of 18 games from my last one. Then I listed all the games in the marketplace, and directed my buyers to those games. It was a lot of work. But worth it!

Hi, Andrew. I am wanting to auction some games, but I do not understand how the marketplace part of it works. Is there a way in the marketplace to restrict who the buyer is? i.e. How do you ensure that no one else buys the game before the auction winner does? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougbass68 wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
gesa wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
gesa wrote:

Hi, Andrew. I am wanting to auction some games, but I do not understand how the marketplace part of it works. Is there a way in the marketplace to restrict who the buyer is? i.e. How do you ensure that no one else buys the game before the auction winner does? Thanks in advance.

Just mention in the comments that the copy is reserved for user "x".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reposting this from the auction thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/6610732#6610732
Originally Posted on subscription thread wrote:

kneumann wrote:

I don't think people are reading the front page of this thread anymore so the usefulness of it is somewhat lost.

All that speaks to one solution:

Convert this thread a geeklist.

New auctions would be new items linking to the actual auction since
geeklist items can be other geeklists.

New comments on any particular auction can be added to individual item
by the auctioneer, or anyone else who cares to do so.

The Geeklist header contains the rules, and shows up on every web page.

I am presuming we can subscribe to a geeklist, but tune the subscription to ignore comments. Is that correct?

(and yes, this should be in a discussion thread. Anyone know where it is? )

Gerry

eta: ah, it's here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/376623/geeklist-auction-...

let's take this over there and chat, shall we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
Australia
Austinmer
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea. Then the auctioneers can delete their entry on the GeekList once the auction is over. You'd be able to easily see all the active auctions, instead of going to the end of a 20+ page thread and working backward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
All that speaks to one solution:

Convert this thread a geeklist.

We must be on the same wavelength. Just yesterday, I was thinking about suggesting the same thing, for all the reasons you cited. I think it's a great idea.

-Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.