1 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » General

Subject: Quick Comments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Charron
United States
flag msg tools
Ticket to Ride is very fun. I have played a handful of times (and never won!), but I always seem to enjoy it. It's a bit light and if you have a slow player, it can bog down with more than 4 players, but overall it moves at a nice pace. The strategies are limited and it does basically come down to who gets the better Tickets. I had a game where I had no ticket over 11 points, then drew tickets several times and still got bad (low) tickets and lost to a player who had 2 20 point tickets from the start. As a matter of fact, I think every game I have ever played was won by a player with the big tickets. I even tried the 6-ofs strategy where you basically try to take as many of the long paths as possible, but I lost miserably with only 1 ticket completed. Nevertheless, you always feel in it until the end for some reason and I had a great time playing each and every time and that is what counts. As a bonus, this game is simple enough for a 6-7 year old and "mainstream" enough for non-gamers.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.