Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Bappert
United States
Woodstock
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was playing herosscape with my wife and daughter 2 year ago and since then my on has broked or lot all the figure and dice etc... i till have tons of tiles and stuff so i was wondering should i drop another 200 dollars into this game buying the sets and epansion packs or is there a better miniatures game to play that is easy to learn ? is monsterpocalpse or d&d a better choice ? what are my options , im looking for a game not too difficult to learn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it is, I think HeroScape is the best in its class. Your best bet is to (perhaps) keep your son more closely monitored while playing with the pieces or just keep him away from the game until he's a bit older. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karlgaming wrote:
i was playing herosscape with my wife and daughter 2 year ago and since then my on has broked or lot all the figure and dice etc... i till have tons of tiles and stuff so i was wondering should i drop another 200 dollars into this game buying the sets and epansion packs or is there a better miniatures game to play that is easy to learn ? is monsterpocalpse or d&d a better choice ? what are my options , im looking for a game not too difficult to learn

Replacing the all the basic minatures actaully should be pretty easy as a lot of people bought multiple of the basic set for the tiles and had no use for the second (or third or forth) set of minatures.

Of course expansion minitures are another story.

I have a second set but Im keeping it just for the this reason in case any of the orginal are lost or broken.

I'd recommend to post on the bug heroscap fan site, sorry forget the link and just ask if anyone has a set of the base minitures for sale. I bet someone would send them to you for the cost of the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fantastic
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.heroscapers.com might find you a lot more people willing to sell figures off cheaply if no one here can help.

But yeah, unless you want to spend a lot more money and/or get into something more complex, Heroscape is where it's at!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bappert
United States
Woodstock
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i am going to order more heroscape stuff becaue i would like to have it to play with my son when he comes of age, he i 3 right now. but i would alo like to get into a new miniatures game so what i the next step up from heroscape ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably BattleLore - and if your son is only 3 years old, you may want to keep him away from small parts. I don't think HeroScape is rated for 3-years old to safely play with due to the small size of game pieces - easily choked on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd get the Deluxe starter of World of Warcraft: Miniatures Game. If you're going to lay down $200, you can get a case of that online and get lots of pre-built teams in the booster boxes or get a case of Deluxe starters and get three mounted maps and six squads. Heroscape isn't being produced right now. However, you might get a good deal on eBay for a big lot of terrain and pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlgaming wrote:
...or is there a better miniatures game to play that is easy to learn ? is monsterpocalpse or d&d a better choice ? what are my options , im looking for a game not too difficult to learn

I think Monsterpocalypse is a better game, but the one thing it isn't is easy to learn. Once you get over the learning curve, it isn't too bad. I have a seven-year-old in my regular group of players, so young kids can play: they just have to be motivated to spend a few games learning. I would guess it takes two-four games before you get everything down: if that's too much of a learning curve, then Monsterpocalypse probably isn't the best choice.

I think Heroscape is still the best gateway miniatures game. My FLGS can still get stock in, so the game isn't out of print yet. And while it doesn't have the depth of some other games, it is still quite fun. I wouldn't look at your broken miniatures as a loss, I would look at it as an opportunity to buy more base sets (more terrain is good) and to practice modeling skills (repairing or modifying the broken models).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bappert
United States
Woodstock
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got lucky on craigs list !!!!

i picked up this lot for 200 bucks :
all figures wave 1 through 5 complete and minty

2 master sets rotv (sparkly blue water tiles in one set)
1 master set sotm
Fortress of the Archkyrie
Jandar's Oath
Malliddon's Prophecy
Orm's Return
Raknar's Vision
Thora's Vengeance
Utgar's Rage
Volcarren Wasteland
Zanafor's Discovery
Rise of the Valkyrie
Swarm of the Marro
Elite Onyx Vipers
road to the forgotten forest

all items look mint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Mangus
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would actually advise against WoW minis if you're worried about breakage, my experience with the minis/bases has them MUCH more breakage prone than heroscape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.