Popular Tags: [View All]
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

For the record, let me say that Glory to Rome is my single favorite game (as you might guess from my avatar). kiss

That said, I have to admit that it can be difficult sometimes to slide all of one's cards easily and neatly underneath the main Camp Card. angry

My fiancee came up with a simple solution to this problem. She took two wine-bottle corks; cut each in half, giving four pieces; and then cut a thin slit halfway up the side of each with a paring knife.

The four corners of the Camp Card slide neatly and tightly into these slits, lifting the whole thing just far enough above the table to make sliding the cards underneath it a cinch. Here's a pic:

Sadly, given how tightly all the game components fit into the plastic box, there's not sufficient extra room in the box to accommodate the corks. So I just keep them in a small plastic ziploc bag on the side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Your fiancee is cool.

Not only did she come up with a nifty "component" to ease play, she also provided a really good reason to hoe down on 10 bottles of wine Roman-style!

Now, if only Glory to Rome was a 2-12 player game we could fill a vat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneSteeler wrote:
Your fiancee is cool.

Not only did she come up with a nifty "component" to ease play, she also provided a really good reason to hoe down on 10 bottles of wine Roman-style!

Now, if only Glory to Rome was a 2-12 player game we could fill a vat!

laugh laugh
Here's to filling the vat!

Heck, may as well bathe in it while we're at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I just bent all of the sides up about 1/2 an inch from the edge. Works great, and doesn't look half bad if you do it carefully with a straight edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
habermanm wrote:
Cool, I just bent all of the sides up about 1/2 an inch from the edge. Works great, and doesn't look half bad if you do it carefully with a straight edge.

Hey, that's genius. Even easier than slicing a slit in a cork, and doesn't require any additional materials. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caesar Noriega

Parlin
New Jersey
msg tools
mb
I liked this Idea and got about 25 corks for free at a liquor store. When I got to work on them I realized that these wouldn't fit in the box. So instead I popped open my Agricola at used the wooden cubes that were replaced by Animeeples and got 20 cubes(4 for each player mat) and I spread them out underneath the mat(like legs for a table) and it stays elevated very nicely and fits snug in the original packing along with everything else(including sleeved unboxed cards)

Its the perfect option for you gamers out there that NEED everything to fit snug(packaging being able to close perfectly) and come in one nice package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's a great idea too! Like you, I bought animeeples for Agricola, so have the original cubes sitting around.... I'll have to give them a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caesar Noriega

Parlin
New Jersey
msg tools
mb
I just recently went all out on my cousins copy of G2R, I completely pimped it. I laminated the player mats, I sleeved the cards, I purchased a plastic bead case from Walmart(its shaped like a mini suitcase) and I created 5 stands out of wooden chips about 5 chips thick(I had left over chips from my Chip Dominion set). To add I adhered a magnet to the back of the player mat(dead smack in the middle) and to the wooden chip stand, so they can easily be attached for play and removed for storage. Added some nice G2R art work that literally pops and waaa laaa my cousins G2R has officially been pimped.

I'll start to work on my copy when it arrives later this week.

Maybe I can get some pics on the Geek and have them add it to G2R's images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CAESAR 111 wrote:
I just recently went all out on my cousins copy of G2R, I completely pimped it. I laminated the player mats, I sleeved the cards, I purchased a plastic bead case from Walmart(its shaped like a mini suitcase) and I created 5 stands out of wooden chips about 5 chips thick(I had left over chips from my Chip Dominion set). To add I adhered a magnet to the back of the player mat(dead smack in the middle) and to the wooden chip stand, so they can easily be attached for play and removed for storage. Added some nice G2R art work that literally pops and waaa laaa my cousins G2R has officially been pimped.

Rome demands pictures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhon wrote:
CAESAR 111 wrote:

Rome demands pictures!

I have none. Glory to Rome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caesar Noriega

Parlin
New Jersey
msg tools
mb
I tried to but was denied due to quality of picture. When I get a hold of my girls camera I'll upload some good ones for you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought some small circular magnets from Michael's, and they make the mat much easier to use. Just put one magnet on the bottom, one on the top, and they will stick right through the cardboard and hold the mat off the table so you can easily slide cards underneath without touching it. You can put one set in the center, or one set on each corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
I just bought some small circular magnets from Michael's, and they make the mat much easier to use. Just put one magnet on the bottom, one on the top, and they will stick right through the cardboard and hold the mat off the table so you can easily slide cards underneath without touching it. You can put one set in the center, or one set on each corner.

Huh. Great idea! Not at all messy either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhon wrote:
mjacobsca wrote:

Huh. Great idea! Not at all messy either.

I actually put two magnets below the mat, and one on top, to get it taller. BTW - the stack of magnets fits comfortably in the GTR packaging!

You can see a picture here:

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?produc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.