Popular Tags: [View All]
Viranga Ratnaike
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A translation of my given names.
badge
I hope to replace the photo with a drawing of my own.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a cube be moved above empty air/space, if it laterally interlocks another cube?

I think the answer is `no', but am not sure.

It would certainly be more awkward, so I'm also hoping the answer is `no'.

My copy of the game (including the rules) is at home; I'm working from memory

The rules do say that a cube cannot be moved if it is below another cube, so it would seem strange if a game state with an overhang could be reached by other means.

The rules nominate a precedence for interlocking with a/the cube below, if stacking a cube.

However, there doesn't seem to be an explicit rule stating that a cube cannot overhang empty air/space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm not sure if there is such an explicit rule. (The rules could be better written and organized.)

But the designer taught us the game at Essen and explicitly said that you can't have a cube floating like that. A cube must be sitting on the ground or on another cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viranga Ratnaike
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A translation of my given names.
badge
I hope to replace the photo with a drawing of my own.
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
But the designer taught us the game at Essen and explicitly said that you can't have a cube floating like that. A cube must be sitting on the ground or on another cube.

Cool! Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.