Subject: Doom Dice Indefinately Backordered at FFG (Will Decent Dice Work?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Now known as; YearoftheCat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I was hoping to pick up a spare set of Doom Dice to use for some custom weapon rules, but I've found out after emailing FFG that they are out, and may or may not produce more.

So My question is this; Do Decent dice have the same number/type of markings on them (I realize the symbols are different, but other than that)?

Thanks Everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldyn Gryphon
United States
Mesquite
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend blank dice in the right colors and a fine point sharpie. I saw some blanks in just those colors at my FLGS they were made by Koplow http://www.koplowgames.com/page47.html.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...I ordered and received a set about 3 weeks ago. I must have gotten one of the last. Good timeing on my part for once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
are you sure? I emailed them about this sometime in December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcanaGamer wrote:

He's right because I got one of the last few of the engraved replacement sets in the mail about a week ago.

As far as making them goes, I think your best option would be to print the dice face images on self-adhesive labels, cold laminate them and stick them on dice that have recessed faces. I just got done making 20 more Doom dice (I hate passing dice during games) using the dice from the 2003 TMNT game I found on ebay. If you're only making one set then I'd look into boggle jr. dice (the ones with the blue letters) as you get 8 of them and it appears from the gallery pictures that the dice faces are recessed enough to hold labels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to email FFG and request that they make more. Can someone tell me the email address? I've noticed lately that my dice are wearing a little and while looking for new scenarios and such here saw a ton of threads that say effectively "I got cool non-wearing out dice for nothing! How awesome!" and then this thread which says "No more". I think that if the game is still being actively sold in shops that they are probably going to get more people wanting the dice that won't wear out. I've only played the game 10-15 times and a couple of the common dice bullet holes are faded.

Can anyone tell me where to find the email address so that they will at least know there is still demand and they could sell these dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SabastianBludd wrote:
ArcanaGamer wrote:

He's right because I got one of the last few of the engraved replacement sets in the mail about a week ago.

Dang! Engraved replacement set! I was one of those chumps that bought some blanks, printed up some new faces, and stickered a new set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I just recieved the 2nd version, the silk screened dice (or was that the first?). Going to do the clear-coat trick on them, and I'll might still make a 3rd set :)

As far as I can tell, one hasn't been able to "buy" Replacement Doom Dice from FFG since at least November 2008, so don't kick yourself too hard for missing the boat.

From what I can tell, Customer Service is still willing/able to help players who have lost dice, and *need* replacements, for the time being, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wow... third game in on my first edition set on the weekend. Some of the blue ones are nearly unreadable.

I'm going to try engraving them and painting the gaps. Wish me luck and a steady hand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.