Matthew Coupland
Canada
flag msg tools
I've started making my own custom Blood Bowl team, by hacking up some 40k ork sprues. Is this a good idea? why, or why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would it be a bad idea?
Just remember, there aren't any lasers, rocket launchers or other modern weapons in Blood Bowl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
It's so stimulating being your hat
badge
The way forward is sometimes the way back
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a perfectly good idea. I think coming up with different models for teams is half the fun of BB - probably since all the many plastic sets GW puts out are so much more customisable than the ready-made metal BB teams.

40k orks is one I hadn't thought of before, but should work well. But you might indeed want to clip all/most of the weapons off, if you want to keep to the theme.

Go for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
It's so stimulating being your hat
badge
The way forward is sometimes the way back
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to keep in mind is you'll want to be able to tell apart blitzers/black orcs/throwers etc at a glance. Your opponents will be a lot happier too ("what? ST4? I thought that was a blitzer!") You can usually get enough differences to make it work - like building the BOs from the biggest, chunkiest pieces - especially if you also use differing paint schemes for each role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some fantastic looking teams on www.talkbloodbowl.com that use 40k orks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're having fun. They probably will look great. It's a great game.

Sure, it's a fantastic idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our group doesn't follow the rules about minis which makes it more fun. We use what we want, from whatever companies we like, weapons or no. The only reason to worry is if you plan on playing with people who are hardcore about the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am doing my team from a mix of fantasy and 40k ork parts.
+ ogre kingdom bits.

65% done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
terrene wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is you'll want to be able to tell apart blitzers/black orcs/throwers etc at a glance. Your opponents will be a lot happier too ("what? ST4? I thought that was a blitzer!") You can usually get enough differences to make it work - like building the BOs from the biggest, chunkiest pieces - especially if you also use differing paint schemes for each role.

You can color code the ring around the base too to help differentiate players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Zelller
Germany
Schramberg
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
You can color code the ring around the base too to help differentiate players.

Hm. Now seriously, I have a strange feeling, telling me that if you think about starting such a conversion job and you can't come up with any other method to do distinguishable position player miniatures, then you might be better off sticking with the original miniatures.

I mean, how hard can it be with multipart plastic? Blitzers? The ones with the shoulder pads/helmets/hair squigs... Throwers? The ones with the ball in hand... Black orcs? The ones with a darker skin tone or just the bigger ones (converted from bosses)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.