Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Fowler
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for Equine Fever the following are affected:
Chariots, Lt.Horse, Hs.Archers, Elephants, Knights, Hs, Artillery but not tanks, Correct?
I took the units listed under Cavalry on the Unit type chart on the back of the rule book to complie the list of affected units.
For disorder removal it states a non-archer missile unit is needed to negate the city penalty which by the unit chart listing missile units does not include Hs Artillery (as they are listed under Cavalry), so Hs.Artillery would not negate the city penalty,correct?
I see the NPG says elephants are not affected but under any interpretation of the rules as I read them they are as there is no listed exception.
Hs.Artillery would also be affected when decreased Cav costs or a no Cav symbol on the card is in effect, it would seem.
Or did Harry just list Hs.Artillery in the wrong type?
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think there's any way to stretch "equine" to include both elephants and tanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fowler
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Includes Elephants but NOT tanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't think there's any way to stretch "equine" to include both elephants and tanks.

Well if it can't include both which could it include?

Maybe those feverish horses are panicking the elephants and keep getting in the way of the tanks. "What more diseased horse blood covering the driver's view ports?!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Peters
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fargofootball wrote:
So for Equine Fever the following are affected:
Chariots, Lt.Horse, Hs.Archers, Elephants, Knights, Hs, Artillery but not tanks, Correct?

In the nit-pickers' guide, I claimed that elephants were an exception to Equine Fever, based on the title of the event. As Brian said, there is no sense in which elephants are "equine".

However, you are correct, according to the wording of the card, since elephants are explicitly included among the "cavalry" unit types. Moreover, Harry confirmed last August (though IIRC that conversation was triggered by a different question) that elephants are cavalry "for all purposes", so that would presumably include Equine Fever. I'm considering changing the NPG to reflect this (though I'm not entirely happy with it).
Fargofootball wrote:
For disorder removal it states a non-archer missile unit is needed to negate the city penalty which by the unit chart listing missile units does not include Hs Artillery (as they are listed under Cavalry), so Hs.Artillery would not negate the city penalty,correct?

Correct. That has been explicitly confirmed by Harry.
Fargofootball wrote:
Hs.Artillery would also be affected when decreased Cav costs or a no Cav symbol on the card is in effect, it would seem.

That is correct also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
"Cavalry units" are those specified on the Progress Track as cavalry units. This includes Hs. Artillery and elephants.

Regards
Harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.