Europe Engulfed» Forums » General

Subject: Desperately Seeking Vassal Opponent... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Open for play either (and sometimes both!) Friday and Saturday nights, 11:30pm to 1:30am GMT-6 (Central time, for us Yanks.) I do own my own copy. Have only 4 games under my belt, but I am very enthusiastic and patient. Message me or reply here. Thanks, and good gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to play. I have Vassal and a copy of the game. Have not played more than ten turns of it.

Have you looked at wargameroom.com? they have a module there. It's not as aesthetic as Vassal, the map is very weakly drawn, BUT the a.i. of the system calculates all the rules (movement allowance, weather effects, supply, etc.) for you, so the game goes much faster.

I'd be willing to give Vassal a go, though it is my experience that it is a much slower game.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Willing to learn the game by Vassal pbem if you have the patience. I'd like to see if it's a game that I want to buy.

I really enjoy playing Path's of Glory and C&C:A by Vassal pbem, so you don't have to worry about teaching me about vassal.

Phil
UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mountaintopdan wrote:
I would like to play. I have Vassal and a copy of the game. Have not played more than ten turns of it.

Have you looked at wargameroom.com? they have a module there. It's not as aesthetic as Vassal, the map is very weakly drawn, BUT the a.i. of the system calculates all the rules (movement allowance, weather effects, supply, etc.) for you, so the game goes much faster.

I'd be willing to give Vassal a go, though it is my experience that it is a much slower game.

Dan

I have looked at Wargameroom's online version, and while I did not tinker with it very much, I found Vassal to work just fine.Of course I've had some experience with the software from playing ASL online with it. I've been working my way through the '39 campaign on my lan and have had no problems with it. A microphone is a must as well as Skype or xFire so that we can communicate with each other. As far as PBEM goes, I'd rather not. It just seems like it would make a long game even longer. I'll probably be in the VASSAL Europe Engulfed lobby tomorrow (Sat. 31st) at 11:30pm or so. Pop in if you want a game, Dan. No hard feelings if you can't make it. You can stop in and spectate if you want to, Phil. It will likely help you learn the game. I'm a new player too, so this will probably be a learning experience for the both of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
how do I find the Vassal Europe Engulfed lobby? And what time zone are you in?
thanks
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when you load the EE module with Vassal it gives you a few options: start new game offline, look for game online, and load game. If you choose "Look for game online." it will send you right to the lobby. My timezone is central or GMT -6. I should be able to play for at least a couple of hours tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a VASSAL game going (thanks again dan!) but I'm always looking for more opponents. Feel free to post here or send me a message if you're dying to get your Europe Engulfed fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday nights are usually really good for me.
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McHugh
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'd like to play either pbem or real time if you're still interested or if you can hook me up with someone who is interested.

Thanks.
Xatsmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.