Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ettel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the Attempt to Reconstitute Squad (4.2.3 i) is successful, does the team chosen to reappear come back at original experience (in my case, Veteran) or is automatically Green?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antero Kuusi
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has experience level equal to the LATs that reconsituted it. In case of fire teams (most common) it means green, in case of assault teams it mean line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It has experience level equal to the LATs that reconsituted it. In case of fire teams (most common) it means green, in case of assault teams it mean line.

Actually, not quite. Experience level for squads is not tracked DURING the mission. Yes, when Litter Teams or Fire Teams attempt actions, they do it at 'Green' level (-1 card), but this is solely for the purpose of performing Actions. When reconstituted, the squad is still the level it was on the log at the start of the mission. It is not intended that we track a changing experience level for each squad throughout the mission. Note that the rules state that it is at the END of the mission when LAT steps are actually demoted to Green. And at this point Assault teams become Green steps, too (they ARE LATs) even though DURING the game they function as Line quality.

In short, do not track squad experience during the mission. It only changes at the end when Green steps (or veteran) are absorbed to replace losses.

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ettel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ricky. Your help is invaluable! This game just keeps growing on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.