Subject: 2-Player Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uncle Bob
United States
Carmi
Illinois
flag msg tools
I played a few games with my wife (although we are missing one of the "Steal a Card" cards, I can't imangine it effects game play too much, but I'll find out when I pick up a full set off eBay).

Most of our games ended up with one player getting the majority of the properties because, at the end of the game, we'll both be holding on to one of each of the same property groups and be waiting to play them. We came up with a nice variant that mixes things up nicely though.

After shuffling the cards, deal three cards - face down - off to the side. Then, play like normal. The three cards that are set aside are out of play for the remainder of that round. It really mixes things up, as you have no idea what cards are missing - we played one round that the three missing cards were all from the same property group. Another round, the "steal one card" was missing and we were both waiting for the other player to use it...

Since play continues until one play hits 50 points - a fairly low number - you only end up playing an extra round.

Maybe once we play with the full deck, the game will run differently, but I don't think it'd be that much with the extra "Steal one Card" card, so this "variant" ads a nice mix to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.