Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adrian bai
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any official table for the threat cost to reinforce with Tomb of Ice monsters when using the incident cards from this expansion?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask why?

I mean, although the previous reinforcement cost table was exhaustive, a given lieutenant can only reinforce monster types that are part of its initial minions.

So since there are no lieutenants who have minions from ToI, none would be able to purchase them anyway, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adrian bai
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you may ask why. First off, a normal incident card's leader can reinforce if it is stated in the card and not just a lieutenant. so you are wrong on that only Lts can reinforce

second, a friend informed me that the ToI incident cards do state the amount of threat needed to reinforce the ToI monsters for that particular incident.

My fault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adrianpeh wrote:
Yes you may ask why. First off, a normal incident card's leader can reinforce if it is stated in the card and not just a lieutenant. so you are wrong on that only Lts can reinforce

That's not quite what I was saying. I meant that the table is for lieutenants. Other incidents will state their reinforcement costs, which could differ from said table.

adrianpeh wrote:
second, a friend informed me that the ToI incident cards do state the amount of threat needed to reinforce the ToI monsters for that particular incident.

There you go - until there are lieutenants using ToI monsters, the table itself isn't needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Folke
Denmark
Lyngby (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
badge
Pierce 2
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to answer as well:

No official table exists. But then, no official table exists for the incidents included in RtL either.

The table in the RtL rulebook is for lieutenant encounters only.

I'd also like to know why you ask (I am curious)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adrian bai
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok thanks. actually I don't really know why I asked but all I can remember was that I was opening my box and reading the rules at 2 in the morning (singapore time) and this question popped into my mind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
And what is also a bit oddd is that they listed the reinforcement costs for monsters from AoD and WoD too in RtL, even though no Lt can ever actually reinforce them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.