Space Junkyard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of the Resources phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Played our first game of Space Junk tonight, and both of us were very impressed. The 2-player game is very tactical, and with ample opportunity for some delightful screwage. One question, though, about the timing of resource conversion. Must this happen after resource production?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The conversion is based on resources you already have, not on the one you produce this turn! so it is before resource production

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Even if there's storage space for the newly created resource?

What about conversion of resources in the middle of one's turn, during movement? Are you saying that all resource conversion must happen first, at the very beginning of one's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Moeller
Denmark
Viby J, Aarhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
Even if there's storage space for the newly created resource?

What about conversion of resources in the middle of one's turn, during movement? Are you saying that all resource conversion must happen first, at the very beginning of one's turn?

According to the rulebook, all resource handling from the ship sections must occur at the beginning of your turn, in the Resource phase. THat includes producing and converting. There is no defined order in which those two must be done. So the way we play in my gaming group, you may convert first, then produce, or produce first, then convert - is just have to be done before the Movement phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Cheng
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:
The conversion is based on resources you already have, not on the one you produce this turn! so it is before resource production

The Mayday Games rulebook says: "Production and/or Conversion may be accomplished in any order, but must be completed before the navigation phase begins." As I understand it, if you have 2 energy storage, 1 energy counter, 2 energy production, and 2 converters, then you can convert your one energy, produce one energy, convert that, then produce the other energy (using a few more steps than necessary for the same outcome to illustrate a point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Litwiller
United States
McPherson
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Mayday Games rulebook says: "Production and/or Conversion may be accomplished in any order, but must be completed before the navigation phase begins." As I understand it, if you have 2 energy storage, 1 energy counter, 2 energy production, and 2 converters, then you can convert your one energy, produce one energy, convert that, then produce the other energy (using a few more steps than necessary for the same outcome to illustrate a point).

One thing I love about this game is that rules are very flexible. I say, go with the above (that conversion/production, can be done in any order), because it only speeds up the game, and encourages more thought/planning/strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilad (the designer) can clarify this but yes the rules are flexible. I'm sure it is fine how you are doing it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.